Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shechita and zabiha are not words commonly known by the public, but to Jewish and Muslim communities they are synonymous with sincerely held, religiously mandated care for animals. They refer to the Jewish and Muslim humane methods of slaughter of animals for food, and the body of religious law in which they are contained talks not only about the last two seconds of an animal's life, but about its treatment from birth.

I can tell you, you know you were bad when you get reincarnated as any animal in
an Arab country. They do not spare the rod and the food wagon runs on empty.

Here, wild turkeys sometimes fly across the road of their own volition. There, domestic turkeys fly across the road with a little help. A rope is tied around their feet and they are twirled lasso style and then tossed into the path of oncoming vehicles. You guessed it; you break it you buy it.

Camels, sheep, goats and cattle are transported in the backs of small pickups. To fit in as many as possible, they are stacked deep, on their sides with their heads hanging over the truck sides, in the traffic. The last two seconds of their lives is the only kind moment they will ever experience since the day they were born.

Last edited:
1614006776044.png

1614006857002.png

The Atheist and the Bear
An atheist was taking a walk through the woods. 'What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!', he said to himself.
As he continued walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes. Turning to look, he saw a 7 foot grizzly charging towards him....
He ran as fast as he could up the path. Looking over his shoulder he saw that the bear was closing in on him. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster.
He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear raising his paw to take a swipe at him.
At that instant the atheist cried out: 'Oh my God!...'
Time stopped.
The bear froze.
The forest was silent.
It was then that a bright light shone upon the man and a voice came out of the sky saying:
'You deny my existence for all of these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?'
The atheist looked directly into the light.
'It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps, could you make the BEAR a Christian?'
'Very well, 'said the voice. The light went out, and the sounds of the forest resumed.
And then the bear lowered his paw, bowed his head and spoke: 'Lord, bless this food which I am about to receive and for which I am truly thankful, Amen.'

Grandma had a rooster that would attack anyone that got close. He attacked Grandma, she grabbed him, wrung his neck and we had chicken and dumplings for dinner.
That is exactly what I’d do! We had a neighbor with 2 geese that were protective of him which is fine but he would turn them out to visit’. I told him if they bit me we’d have it for supper. He didn’t believe me at first- until they started coming at me and I stood my ground. He put them away.

Better him than you.. :)

Latest posts

Back