Karen

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
A current way to insult someone, call her Karen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)
Karen is a pejorative slang term that is used to typify a person perceived to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is considered appropriate or necessary. One of the most common Karen stereotypes is that of a white American middle-aged woman who displays aggressive behavior when she is obstructed from getting her way; such women are often depicted as demanding to "speak to the manager".

pe·jo·ra·tive
/pəˈjôrədiv/
expressing contempt or disapproval

A current way to insult someone, call her Karen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)
Karen is a pejorative slang term that is used to typify a person perceived to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is considered appropriate or necessary. One of the most common Karen stereotypes is that of a white American middle-aged woman who displays aggressive behavior when she is obstructed from getting her way; such women are often depicted as demanding to "speak to the manager".

pe·jo·ra·tive
/pəˈjôrədiv/
expressing contempt or disapproval

I had never heard the term used that way before today. A lady who used to be in out EmComm group, with her hubs that I work with. Today I saw she had posted something about this on FB, her name is Karen BTW. After seeing the Wiki description, it fits her to a T. Too Funny

I think it's really sad to take a decent name and defile it. Karen, I know plenty of women named Karen, all good people.
I don't know if all the guys named Dick had to start going by something else but that's another example. Richard, now pronounced Rih shard.

I had never heard the term used that way before today. A lady who used to be in out EmComm group, with her hubs that I work with. Today I saw she had posted something about this on FB, her name is Karen BTW. After seeing the Wiki description, it fits her to a T. Too Funny
One of the younger guys who hung out at the dog park used this term, months ago. A Taiwanese woman named Karen was also a regular. One day when she came in, I greeted her, and the young man spoke to me afterwards, telling me that Karen is now an insult name, and that he would be careful knowing that her actual name is Karen. He also told me he didn't know anyone named Karen before that.

I think it's really sad to take a decent name and defile it. Karen, I know plenty of women named Karen, all good people.
I don't know if all the guys named Dick had to start going by something else but that's another example. Richard, now pronounced Rih shard.
I totally agree. Imagine if your name is Karen, and now you are living with your name being an insult. In the last week or so, I am seeing it used frequently as an insult. The woman who called the police on the birdwatcher in Central Park is being called Karen by many.

Sometimes it's just plain funny... Anyone ever see the 1993 Mel Brooks film... "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" . The villain in the movie was "Prince John". Throughout the film "John" and "restroom" are interchangeable... joke after joke after joke... The movie was funny in a way only Mel Brooks can make it.

Sometimes it's just plain funny... Anyone ever see the 1993 Mel Brooks film... "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" . The villain in the movie was "Prince John". Throughout the film "John" and "restroom" are interchangeable... joke after joke after joke... The movie was funny in a way only Mel Brooks can make it.

This one was funny.

Finding ways to insult and make fun of other people has never been on my list of ways to be entertained, but I know some people take great delight in it. I prefer to do things that encourage others.

Weedy sweety I need to introduce you to a few people I met.:waiting::devil:. My motto is to try to understand which ' it is better to understand than be understood ' some people take it to the limit.

The term Karen has been all over the internet for months now. There are tens of thousands of memes, cartoons, etc. abut it. Just like Boomer and a few others, they are the new and improved PC terms the 20-something to 30-something crowd came up with to replace the now ageist, sexist, racists, or offensive terms that were used for the last 50+ years. It is the product of people growing up in the PC culture who still want to be offensive but have to do it in a non-offensive socially acceptable way. This is what happens when you don't spank people and give them all participation trophies. Of course now all the "social media influencers" and mainstream pages are using these terms too so they can attract the 20-30 year old crowd.

Tweakers will be separating packages of Saltines according to gender, on their kitchen tables at 4:00am.

I love that movie.

I got called Karen yesterday. I'm laughing about it.

Dog parks have signs with their rules on them. But who reads? I'd bet if we really surveyed people, we would find out that 90% of people don't read anything, or if they do, very little.

I take two dogs, friends not from the same household, to a dog park, together. One, a male, is a very friendly dog with people and other dogs, except huskies and in tact (unneutered) male dogs. We walked into the park and there were a group of dogs swarming together. Z goes over and is in the sniff mode with the other dogs and all of a sudden he is showing teeth, is growling, and his hackles are up. I know him and this is a reaction to an unneutered male dog. Without even looking at the other dogs, I say, "Oh, oh, Z, there must be an unneutered dog here." There were two unneutered dogs, maybe actually more, and one was trying to hump Z. A woman who is the owner of one of the dogs says, "They'll work it out." I respond, "Maybe, or maybe it will get ugly." I did not say anything more about unneutered dogs are not allowed in dog parks, go read rule #4 on the rules on the board, or anything else. I sure could have gone on and on, but I had already said more than I ever do. I never want to fight with people or engage in negative conversations. I go sit down and there is a woman I know at one of the tables who had also just come in. She heard the whole thing. The people with the unneutered dogs leash up and leave, of their own accord, and my dogs have run off to do their business. One of the women says, "Well, Karen, you are one of the reasons that dogs parks are not good." I said nothing. My back was to her. I wasn't going to turn around and engage her. What good would it have done? They were already ignorant enough to bring their unneutered dogs there. Anything I would have said would not have gotten through to them.

What happens when there are unneutered dogs in dog parks? Fights!!! Why? dominance and establishing territory. Don't want to neuter your dog? I have no problem with that, but then don't take them to a dog park!

After they left, the other woman talked about how this is on the list of rules on the board. That doesn't matter. They were not likely to read all of those words, and they wouldn't have cared anyway, because many people do what they want to do, rules or not.

First time I've been called Karen. I have been told I was rude when I was video recording someone who was on my property when I told him to leave. What I supposed to be insulted by that? I wasn't. I am never insulted when the truth is on my side.

Last edited:
What, Weedy, no uppercut to the woman's jaw? Which reminds me of an old joke: giraffes were invented when Chuck Norris uppercut a horse, lol... :oops:
LOL!
I don't think I've ever been in a physical fight, ever. Not even with my siblings. My older brother would get physical, pushing, shoving or other things to hurt or intimidate. I have never returned any of that. Does that ever work out?

I was slapped by a Native American girl at a h.s. basketball game once, at an Indian school close to my home town in South Dakota. Two Native girls were sitting a few rows in front of my friend and I and whatever they said, my friend would say the opposite. "Make a basket, Freddy!" Friend would say, "Miss it Freddy!" I literally did not say anything. There were always fights when we played football or basketball games there, and I think it was some of the young men from my hometown who instigated those fights.

After the game was over one of the girls came and slapped me across the face, hard. My glasses flew halfway across the auditorium. I stood there in such shock, that I literally did not move until someone tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Here are your glasses." The two girls were already out the door. My friend? She became a lawyer, worked for the Dept. of Interior in Washington, DC and married another lawyer, a Native American man from a tribe in upper state NY. When we talked about this event recently, she shared how embarrassed she is that she said all that she did at that game.

Last edited:
I got called Karen yesterday. I'm laughing about it.

Dog parks have signs with their rules on them. But who reads? I'd bet if we really surveyed people, we would find out that 90% of people don't read anything, or if they do, very little.

I take two dogs, friends not from the same household, to a dog park, together. One, a male, is a very friendly dog with people and other dogs, except huskies and in tact (unneutered) male dogs. We walked into the park and there were a group of dogs swarming together. Z goes over and is in the sniff mode with the other dogs and all of a sudden he is showing teeth, is growling, and his hackles are up. I know him and this is a reaction to an unneutered male dog. Without even looking at the other dogs, I say, "Oh, oh, Z, there must be an unneutered dog here." There were two unneutered dogs, maybe actually more, and one was trying to hump Z. A woman who is the owner of one of the dogs says, "They'll work it out." I respond, "Maybe, or maybe it will get ugly." I did not say anything more about unneutered dogs are not allowed in dog parks, go read rule #4 on the rules on the board, or anything else. I sure could have gone on and on, but I had already said more than I ever do. I never want to fight with people or engage in negative conversations. I go sit down and there is a woman I know at one of the tables who had also just come in. She heard the whole thing. The people with the unneutered dogs leash up and leave, of their own accord, and my dogs have run off to do their business. One of the women says, "Well, Karen, you are one of the reasons that dogs parks are not good." I said nothing. My back was to her. I wasn't going to turn around and engage her. What good what it have done? They were already ignorant enough to bring their unneutered dogs there. Anything I would have said would not have gotten through to them.

What happens when there are unneutered dogs in dog parks? Fights!!! Why? dominance and establishing territory. Don't want to neuter your dog? I have no problem with that, but then don't take them to a dog park!

After they left, the other woman talked about how this is on the list of rules on the board. That doesn't matter. They were not likely to read all of those words, and they wouldn't have cared anyway, because many people do what they want to do, rules or not.

First time I've been called Karen. I have been told I was rude when I was video recording someone who was on my property when I told him to leave. What I supposed to be insulted by that? I wasn't. I am never insulted when the truth is on my side.
But Weedy, they are special people, the rules don't apply to them!🙄

It will not be said a lot.
The Name Karen, as a mean White lady was a black slang to start with, saw a video where a AA teen was saying white people can not use the term.
That it is a "black term".

I think everyone has their moments. I definitely have been an a-hole and shortly after regretted and made attempts to apologize. Shame that so many "moments" are caught on video these days. Just another tactic of satin trying to never let a person get past a mistake. I'm thankful none of my mistakes were ever video taped. Sometimes people push a person into a corner, sometimes life just throws a few too many things at you at one time and BOOM, out comes the a-hole mode. My faith has tempered me over the years thank God. Shame we have to label people and not let them ask for forgiveness and be forgiven.

I like being aware of my surroundings, especially if there are any potential troublemakers around... and I still offer to assist the elderly and/or disabled at times during the course of my town runs, but usually I'm on a mission and do my best to knock it out and get it done. I normally make a list before I go shopping so I can grab what I need and get outta there... and I generally avoid any obvious libtards, ethnic racists, so-called 'Karens' and the like. Not that I'll go far out of my way to do so, but it's often easier to circumnavigate the wanks and just blow past 'em. Having said that, I'll add this: no troublemaker lays his stinking rat claws on my person without getting pummeled, as that's a line which I don't let disrespectful scumbags cross. I'm fully capable and I will vigorously defend myself, but the vibe is usually sufficient to dissuade 'em, lol. I don't make a good "victim" in that sense, but until that line is crossed, then words are just words, aye? So when some stupid ethnic or libtard makes a verbal crack which might or might not be directed toward me, I tend to ignore it... if it's clearly directed toward me, that's when the rudeness begins, lol. I try to live with honor and follow the Golden Rule: treat others as you want to be treated. Sadly, many others are unaware of this rule, or just don't care in modern society, programmed as they are by the media, Hollywood, leftist academic institutions, etc. 😒

P.S. Whenever I meet another conservative white person in public with a 2A T-shirt or similar attire, I make a point of complimenting that person if we pass close enough... I feel it's important to do this in order to reinforce the behavior and let other conservatives know that they do not stand alone. I do this with a simple 'thumbs up' and a "Cool T-shirt!" 😎

Last edited:
Back