Keto Recipes And Meal Ideas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20200527_113233.jpg

I tried low-carb diet and loved it for an opportunity to eat eggs with a bacon in the morning :D One of my favorite recipes was sweet and sticky chicken wings:

You will need:
  • 2 lbs chicken wings
  • 1½ tsp sea salt
  • ¾ cup coconut aminos
  • ¼ tsp ground ginger
  • ¼ tsp onion powder
  • ¼ tsp garlic powder
  • ¼ tsp chili flakes
  1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
  2. Place the wings with the thicker skin-side up on a rimmed baking sheet with wire racks. (The wire rack helps promote even cooking).
  3. Sprinkle the wings liberally with fine sea salt (or salt of your choice).
  4. Bake the wings for 45 minutes.
  5. When the wings have 12 minutes left to bake, start the sauce.
  6. Heat a medium to large skillet over medium heat, and add the coconut aminos.
  7. Add the ginger powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Once the sauce comes to a simmer, begin stirring. Continue to stir periodically, adjusting the heat as needed to maintain a gentle simmer.
  8. Once the sauce has thickened slightly—as you stir it, it should take a few seconds for the sauce to fill back behind your spoon or spatula—you can reduce the heat to low while the wings finish cooking.
  9. Place the wings in a large heatproof bowl, and pour the sauce over them. Stir to evenly coat with the sauce, and serve!
Tip!
Break out the grill! A medium-low heat—with periodic flipping to ensure even cooking—should take about 30 minutes to cook the wings completely. Want to kick the umami up a notch? A few drops of your favorite fish sauce should do the trick.

I tried low-carb diet and loved it for an opportunity to eat eggs with a bacon in the morning :D One of my favorite recipes was sweet and sticky chicken wings:

You will need:
  • 2 lbs chicken wings
  • 1½ tsp sea salt
  • ¾ cup coconut aminos
  • ¼ tsp ground ginger
  • ¼ tsp onion powder
  • ¼ tsp garlic powder
  • ¼ tsp chili flakes
  1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
  2. Place the wings with the thicker skin-side up on a rimmed baking sheet with wire racks. (The wire rack helps promote even cooking).
  3. Sprinkle the wings liberally with fine sea salt (or salt of your choice).
  4. Bake the wings for 45 minutes.
  5. When the wings have 12 minutes left to bake, start the sauce.
  6. Heat a medium to large skillet over medium heat, and add the coconut aminos.
  7. Add the ginger powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Once the sauce comes to a simmer, begin stirring. Continue to stir periodically, adjusting the heat as needed to maintain a gentle simmer.
  8. Once the sauce has thickened slightly—as you stir it, it should take a few seconds for the sauce to fill back behind your spoon or spatula—you can reduce the heat to low while the wings finish cooking.
  9. Place the wings in a large heatproof bowl, and pour the sauce over them. Stir to evenly coat with the sauce, and serve!
Tip!
Break out the grill! A medium-low heat—with periodic flipping to ensure even cooking—should take about 30 minutes to cook the wings completely. Want to kick the umami up a notch? A few drops of your favorite fish sauce should do the trick.

Aren't coconut aminos great!?!

At first I was sceptical about it but than I gave it one more try and I liked it :D

I use it instead of soy sauce. Nom noms!

I've never tried it using this way. Sounds good!

Straight from the bottle. I have tried the garlic coconut aminos but the regular one is better.

Same here. I like the plain one better. Have you tried coconut aminos teriyaki souce?

Same here. I like the plain one better. Have you tried coconut aminos teriyaki souce?

Yeah. It was okay but I store the regular one in our short term pantry. I hate running out when I am cooking pad thai or szechwan spinach.

Latest posts

Back