Keto Recipes And Meal Ideas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
an I leave off the Culliflower and Sparagus...???

:huh:

Jim

Of course, but didn't you momma ever tell you to eat your vegetables? ;D

We also make roasted radishes, which are very potato like.

Just in case @phideaux will eat a radish.

Roasted Radishes
a good low carb replacement for those small red 'new' potatoes.

- Take a large bag or bunch of radishes clean and cut them in half (quarter if very large)
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Put non-stick foil on baking sheet and place radishes cut side down.
- Roast for approx. 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Some people toss the radishes after 15 min or so.
- Serve as a side dish.

On a side note we use roasted radishes to make what we call Fauxtatosalad, i.e. Keto potato-less salad.

Here is another recipe that we usually make with Prime Rib or other cuts of beef.

Low Carb Spinach Souffle

- Thaw out two 10oz packages of frozen spinach or prepare the equivalent of fresh.
- In a bowl whip 1/3 cup heavy cream, 1tsp crushed garlic, 1 egg, 1/2 cup grated parmesan and 1/5 cup almond flour.
- Salt and pepper the mixture and whip again.
- Fold in spinach and place in a oven safe souffle dish.
- Grate additional parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for approx. 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.

I'm just beginning a keto way of eating. Thank you for the recipes! I need to start making myself eat breakfast every morning. Can anyone give me their favorite breakfast recipes? I get tired of bacon and eggs every day.

To be honest I do not eat breakfast, ever. But I have a recipe for crustless quiche that's really good.

Thaw bag of frozen chopped broccoli or steam, chop and cool 1 head of broccoli
Dice 2-2.5 cups ham & medium onion and fry in a pan with 2 tbsp butter
In a bowl whip 6 eggs and 3/4-1 cup of heavy whipping cream
Salt & Pepper to your liking
Grease a baking dish with coconut oil or butter
Combine egg mixture, ham, onion, broccoli together and stir in 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Pout into baking dish and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for approx. 50-60 minutes
Check center to make sure it is fully cooked

I used the ham, cheese & broccoli version but we also make it was fried & crumbled pork sausage, onions and diced bell pepper as well as bacon, swiss cheese and diced asparagus, etc., etc. Whatever you like can be adapted to this recipe. We once used leftover taco meat, cheese, diced tomatoes, green pepper and jalapeno. We also add more cheese or more meat depending on who is cooking it and what they like.

Edit: the original recipe does not have bacon as an ingredient, but it tastes even better with bacon!

This is one of my favorite salads. I have eaten it every work day for weeks on end, maybe a couple school years. It is a recipe I found and adapted to keto many years ago. I adjust the amount for my own personal sized salad. I make enough dressing up for a week or two so I don't have to make it every day.

Roquefort Pear Salad

Makes 6 servings

I do not candy the pecans, and usually leave out the green onions. I use garlic powder in the dressing and I also leave the sugar out of the dressing.

Ingredients:

1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (I usually use baby greens or other boxed greens so I can just grab a handful or two)
3 pears - peeled, cored and chopped (not keto, omit, but you can add for others)
5 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup white sugar (I never use the sugar, I use raw pecans)
1/2 cup pecans
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar (never add it)
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
fresh ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces. (I have never done this)
2. For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.

Last edited:
I forgot something about this salad. I often add crumbled bacon to it. Bacon makes everything better!

This is one of my favorite salads. I have eaten it every work day for weeks on end, maybe a couple school years. It is a recipe I found and adapted to keto many years ago. I adjust the amount for my own personal sized salad. I make enough dressing up for a week or two so I don't have to make it every day.

Roquefort Pear Salad

Makes 6 servings

I do not candy the pecans, and usually leave out the green onions. I use garlic powder in the dressing and I also leave the sugar out of the dressing.

Ingredients:

1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (I usually use baby greens or other boxed greens so I can just grab a handful or two)
3 pears - peeled, cored and chopped (not keto, omit, but you can add for others)
5 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup white sugar (I never use the sugar, I use raw pecans)
1/2 cup pecans
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar (never add it)
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
fresh ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces. (I have never done this)
2. For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.

I use milk and sugar so should i try it with everything first?

It is for one cup. When I first started doing this I only adding 8 oz of coffee. Now I just fill my cup. I use to drink my coffee with half & half and sugar as well. I made the switch slowing before going full Keto. I started by using a few drops of liquid vanilla stevia in place of sugar. Once I was comfortable with that I switched the half & half to heavy cream. Once that seemed normal I added the butter then the MCT oil.

I'm just beginning a keto way of eating. Thank you for the recipes! I need to start making myself eat breakfast every morning. Can anyone give me their favorite breakfast recipes? I get tired of bacon and eggs every day.

When I started Keto I forced myself to eat 3 meals a day and slowly let my body tell me when I really needed the food. Breakfast was normally eggs, bacon or sausage. I would make fried eggs in butter or bacon fat or sauté some spinach and make a spinach cheese frittata. Now if I feel like eating I'll have my bulletproof coffee and a handful of nuts.

I have been looking for a keto mayonnaise recipe. There are several out there. Anyone want to share their recipe?

This my wife's recipe from memory, pretty sure it's accurate. Makes about 1.5 cups. Does not have a long shelf life in the fridge, perhaps 7 days.

1 cup avocado oil or olive oil
3 eggs
3-4 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Salt to taste
Can also add smoke paprika and/or pepper

Add everything to your blender except the oil. While the blender is running, pour the oil in a very slow stream until it thickens up.

This my wife's recipe from memory, pretty sure it's accurate. Makes about 1.5 cups. Does not have a long shelf life in the fridge, perhaps 7 days.

1 cup avocado oil or olive oil
3 eggs
3-4 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Salt to taste
Can also add smoke paprika and/or pepper

Add everything to your blender except the oil. While the blender is running, pour the oil in a very slow stream until it thickens up.
Thank you!

Celery and Blue Cheese Salad
Yield: 6-8
Ingredients:

Directions:
  1. Cut the celery crosswise into 1/2" thick pieces to make 4 cups sliced.
  2. Place it in a bowl and sprinkle in crumbled blue cheese.
  3. Add the salt, pepper, and olive oil and toss well.
  4. Serve chilled.

My go-to meal is a salad. A whole romaine heart sliced with onion slices, a handful of chopped almonds, 2tbsps seasame dressing (or Sentry's blue cheese dressing) and chicken if I am really hungry. Avocado if I have one.

My salads are usually true garden salads. Two kinds of lettuce, onions, celery, tomatoes, and carrots.
For KETO replace the carrots with olives.
I do enjoy chef salad with cheese, ham, turkey and beef slivers and some quartered hard boiled eggs added to a garden salad. Add a bit of salt and a good portion of black pepper and it is a meal.

My salads are usually true garden salads. Two kinds of lettuce, onions, celery, tomatoes, and carrots.
For KETO replace the carrots with olives.
I do enjoy chef salad with cheese, ham, turkey and beef slivers and some quartered hard boiled eggs added to a garden salad. Add a bit of salt and a good portion of black pepper and it is a meal.
I have to get myself some olives. I love a good salad, and we need variation whenever possible. I make a dozen hard boiled eggs (adding some vinegar and food coloring to the water to help identify that they are hard boiled eggs) and keep them on hand. It makes for an easy keto snack, or sometimes part of a meal.

Just in case @phideaux will eat a radish.

Roasted Radishes
a good low carb replacement for those small red 'new' potatoes.

- Take a large bag or bunch of radishes clean and cut them in half (quarter if very large)
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Put non-stick foil on baking sheet and place radishes cut side down.
- Roast for approx. 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Some people toss the radishes after 15 min or so.
- Serve as a side dish.

On a side note we use roasted radishes to make what we call Fauxtatosalad, i.e. Keto potato-less salad.

Now, THAT sounds interesting! I need to try that.

I like to make a chopped mixed green salad. Spinach, romaine and a little butter lettuce. I usually add some radish, green onion, a very small amount of grated carrot, and any leftover broccoli or cauliflower crumbles from the bottom of our finger veggies bag. If we have leftover black olive or pepperoncinis I will add that too. I will also grate some parmesan cheese (or blue cheese) and grind some black pepper on it. Then I generally add a mixture of garlic infused olive oil and red pepper infused olive oil along with just a touch of balsamic vinegar.

1st attempt at something Whole 30. Almost W-30 except I used a little non clarified butter. I loved it, the hubby., not so much. Butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, onion, olive oil, garlic salt, dash of sage and pepper.
20180212_180745.jpg

1st attempt at something Whole 30. Almost W-30 except I used a little non clarified butter. I loved it, the hubby., not so much. Butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, onion, olive oil, garlic salt, dash of sage and pepper.View attachment 3961

Try sautéing the brussels sprouts in butter till they turn bright green.

Back