Kidde fire extinguisher Recall

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backlash

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I don't know where this post should go so I will put it here and the mods can move it if they want,
I am not sure where first heard about this, it may have been here.
Kidde has a recall on some fire extinguishers.
I found one in my shop that my Dad bought at a garage sale.
He paid 1 dollar for it according to the garage sale sticker.
It was manufactured in 1995.
So I filled out the form, on line a few weeks ago and today I receive a brand new fire extinguisher.
The exact same size as the old one.
Worth it to check all of your fire extinguishers.
https://inmarmarketaction.com/kidde/Kidde284US/

This has been going on for months. I got two myself and it was easy. I did mine by phone. My new extinguishers were slightly larger than the old ones.

I had over 10 of them. Unless your extinguisher is explicitly made by First Alert, see if it's on the recall list. Kidde made extinguishers under many, many brand names.

I did mine over the internet. Just fill out your serial #'s which are on the unit.

They say you should return the old ones. I called and they said it's not necessary. I'm donating my recalled ones to the Boy Scouts and local Fire Department so they can use them for training.

I never got my replacements. My sister did and she called after I did.
I'd call again and ask what the holdup is.

No return label in mine. I don't think that they want to pay the return postage from AK.

This recall actually goes back almost a decade...

"Plastic handle fire extinguishers: The recall involves 134 models of Kidde fire extinguishers manufactured between January 1, 1973 and August 15, 2017, including models that were previously recalled in March 2009 and February 2015. The extinguishers were sold in red, white and silver, and are either ABC- or BC-rated. The model number is printed on the fire extinguisher label. For units produced in 2007 and beyond, the date of manufacture is a 10-digit date code printed on the side of the cylinder, near the bottom. Digits five through nine represent the day and year of manufacture in DDDYY format. Date codes for recalled models manufactured from January 2, 2012 through August 15, 2017 are 00212 through 22717. For units produced before 2007, a date code is not printed on the fire extinguisher"

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/k...astic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and

They were ripping people off for several decades. I've actually used two of their extinguishers and they worked.... Don't know where this will end.

Latest posts

Back