Kidney stones

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Holy tomoly, I got feeling bad over the weekend. Lower left back and stomach pains. I thought I was dieing. Went all night and finally went to the ER sunday morning. They got me feeling better. Now to pass the stone.

Dayum, I had no idea kidney stones were like that.

Feel better! I’ve never had kidney stones. My sister gets them frequently from another health condition and the medication she has to take. It’s awful. They say while you’re in an active case of it to cut out the caffeine and sugars. Sis uses cranberry juice mixed with other juices to help with stones; seems to help with dissolving them and easing the pain.

If you have the insurance and doctor availability, have the stone analyzed when it passes. When you know what it is made from, you may know what to avoid to prevent future stones.
If you can't have it analyzed, I have read that a large majority of stones are calcium oxalate. That can be googled for lists of foods, etc. to avoid.
They sure are painful when they move!

My wife went through a terrible bout of kidney stones earlier this year. I had no idea they could make you so physically sick. For half a day she threw up every single thing she ingested. They gave her medication in the ER that helped. It took a week or two before she passed them.

Been there.

When I had my first heart attack , the doctor constantly asked me my pain level , I said 8.
He finally asked me why only an 8.

I looked him in the eye and said" you ever had a kidney stone ...that's a 10 to 20 ".

Beer , beer and more beer . (If it's passable).

Jim

Cranberry juice is a natural diuretic. If you have to pass it that is as good a way as any, although Jim's method might also alleviate the pain if you drink enough of it.

Cherry juice helps. I've munched on a few dried cherries today, and for the last few days. I do that whenever my kidney pain starts to show. My stones are uric acid which is the same problem as gout.

Hope you get feeling better soon. I posted some plants in the thread ZoomZoom linked. They work very well at dissolving kidney stones. And commonly available at any good natural medicine store or from amerzit.

Went in for out patient surgery. In recovery my BP hit 200. So they kept me in overnight. The pain was incredible. Nothing would touch the pain,they kept injecting and injecting pain meds. Then they used diladum. That helped.I was bleeding badly so they had a catheter but that was too painful and causing the hig BP so it was removed. Anyhoo back home now and in a week or so they are going to remove a stent.

Back