Kratom?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister is on opiods and when she gives out she uses it for pain and withdrawals. It is expensive though. She works everyday with very bad back and hip pain. She could go on disabilty doctor said she should, but she said if she didn't work she would end up in wheelchair. Plus she can retire in a couple years but she will work part time.
Some kratom is better than other.

DH will be trying this for pain soon in order to get off of nsaids completely. Anyone here tried it? Pros or cons? Just looking for input from folks who may have actually used it or know about it.

You have to be careful not to assume that just because kratom is an Herb, that it is safer than NSaids or Opioids. While I have never used Kratom, what I have been able to find out from Research is that Kratom has Chemical Compounds that act on the Brains Pleasure and Pain Centers exactly the same way Opioids do, and therefore has the potential for Dependency that Opioids do. When you pair these Facts with unknown Dosing Information, and unknown interaction with other Drugs or Herbs, the Potential for Harm is as great or greater than taking nsaids or opioids. With these Facts in Mind I would suggest that before you randomly start taking an Herb as Powerful as Kratom , that you consult with a Qualified Herbal Doctor, because there may be a more efficient, and safer herb that can be taken.

@camo2460 Actually I have a friend who is an herbologist out in Wyoming. I will do that. The reason he wants to get off the nsaids is that he has developed ulcers from the pain meds that the docs have had him on for fibro. At least they are treating him for that but not diagnosed yet. Thanks for the suggestion!

@camo2460 Actually I have a friend who is an herbologist out in Wyoming. I will do that. The reason he wants to get off the nsaids is that he has developed ulcers from the pain meds that the docs have had him on for fibro. At least they are treating him for that but not diagnosed yet. Thanks for the suggestion!

snappy I'm glad that you have decided to consult with a Herbologist. It's important to understand that Herbs and Herbal Preparations can be very powerful Medicines, and if used without proper Knowledge and Guidance can cause as much harm as good, especially when using an Herb for Pain that mimics the effect of an Opioid. I'll give you an Example of an Herb that you have probably heard of where you live. It is known by a number of Names, but you Probably know it as Locoweed. Locoweed contains a Narcotic Compound that has been used to prepare a Person for Surgery, but use to much and the Person will Die. This Example Illustrates that Herbs are Powerful Medicines, and should never be taken for granted by assuming that because it's an Herb or Herbal Preparation that it can do no Harm. I hope this is some help to you, and I hope that you can find DH some relief, but please do so with Knowledge and Guidance.

I like Kratom also but I need to find my capsule machine because I'm not going to eat a mouth full of dry grass.

Capsules are good, the stuff does have a powerful "twang" to it.

I hand loaded 00's until I got tired of of filling em up then I just starting mixing it with water and slamming it down. lol

There are capsule holders you can get for making it a little easier, @Davarm
I use a credit card to sweep it in and a bamboo chopstick to pack it. Mine does double OTT; single is a little cheaper, but I've always used larger capsules.
I'm trying to copy paste a link to vitamin Shoppe but it wants to give us some music instead. It's listed around $18.

One of my co-workers uses kratom "recreationally". He's kind of unstable and has been prescribed Xanax and other various opiates or Diazepam type things to balance him out. He says kratom actually works better, and it won't show up in a pee test, so he can use it any time he wants to. Also says it doesn't give him any unpleasant side effects, just a relaxed happy high while retaining his normal motor skills and no cognitive dysfunction. I'm skeptical, but I've thought of using it for my back.

Do people go through withdrawals from Kratom? My sister only takes for withdrawals when she takes all her oxi for the month. She is in bad shape walks bent over really bad looks like an upside down L. And works all day in a deli standing. She has some terrible times with giving out of meds.

Latest posts

Back