Ladies, What Kind Of Perfume Do You Use?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I am trying this new one and so far it agrees with my body chemistry. In fact I liked it so much I sent my oldest daughter a bottle for her 50th B-Day last month.

It seems that almost all company's have changed the ingredient's . I always really liked White Shoulders and even drug store Chantilly. Both changed terribly and it wasn't my chemistry either they really changed. I tried Channel #5 because i use to like that too. It was about a dropper full for $200 at Sax and I sent that stuff back not even close to what it was. I only use the good stuff mainly when I go out so it last a long time.

I wear essential oils as perfume, but not lavender because it's a husband repellent. I used to wear Channel #5 a long, long time ago. I like to wear frankincense and myrrh around Christmas time to put my head where it needs to be. Today was clary sage and cedarwood. If I'm in a foul mood, I like orange. Orange oil is good for cranky kids, too.

I wear essential oils as perfume, but not lavender because it's a husband repellent. I used to wear Channel #5 a long, long time ago. I like to wear frankincense and myrrh around Christmas time to put my head where it needs to be. Today was clary sage and cedarwood. If I'm in a foul mood, I like orange. Orange oil is good for cranky kids, too.

Where do you get your essential oils? And which ones are sweet or musky? Also I like lemon scents.

Lemon is good for mood, too, and so is grapefruit. I do like the musky ones, so sage, cedarwood, sandlewood, patchouli. Then there are the tree smells like pine and eucalyptus. Rose is sweet and I use it in potpourri. If you're out in the boonies, you can order off Amazon. We have a Sprouts with good prices, I watch the flyers for sales on certain brands. If I'm using it as a disinfectant then I'll get Young Living or DoTerra brand, like their Thieves Oil. Same with if I'm using it to ingest, like cinnamon oil for high blood sugar. One of our daughters likes oregano oil in her tea, so she uses the Do Terra brand. I don't like drinking oregano...too strong for me. Just made some salves to sell tomorrow at Farmers Market. Made a congestion salve with eucalyptus and a few other oils, a sleep salve with a three oil mix, and a patchouli salve because the scent is popular. Also made lotions....pine, rosemary, clove, and wintergreen. I thought I'd offer something different rather than the same ol stuff the store sells.

Lemon is good for mood, too, and so is grapefruit. I do like the musky ones, so sage, cedarwood, sandlewood, patchouli. Then there are the tree smells like pine and eucalyptus. Rose is sweet and I use it in potpourri. If you're out in the boonies, you can order off Amazon. We have a Sprouts with good prices, I watch the flyers for sales on certain brands. If I'm using it as a disinfectant then I'll get Young Living or DoTerra brand, like their Thieves Oil. Same with if I'm using it to ingest, like cinnamon oil for high blood sugar. One of our daughters likes oregano oil in her tea, so she uses the Do Terra brand. I don't like drinking oregano...too strong for me. Just made some salves to sell tomorrow at Farmers Market. Made a congestion salve with eucalyptus and a few other oils, a sleep salve with a three oil mix, and a patchouli salve because the scent is popular. Also made lotions....pine, rosemary, clove, and wintergreen. I thought I'd offer something different rather than the same ol stuff the store sells.

Amish that is neat that you do all that. I wish I was close I'd come to your stand. And thanks fro the suggestions about oils. I'll try some out for sure. I wrote down the Young living and Do Terra brand's. I may have some dried sage from our garden left over from a couple years ago.We lost all the spices in this rainy year long spell we had past year.

I haven't worn perfume per se in a long time. Essential oils are more my speed too, like Amish Heart... So many people are allergic to perfumes too so it can be bad news if you're around other people.
The lotions I use have nice scents.
Sandalwood and rosewood are my favorites for scents to wear. They wear off quickly though. Patchouli of course.
Love geranium with rosemary, peppermint and there was something else...I used it in a diffuser for when we were having sinus issues or the flu and it really did help clear the head.
Oils are expensive, the quality ones.

Right now I'm wearing Aqua Di Silva. Love the citrus and then the spicy scent
It has lavender,bergamot,basil,rosemary, then the middle is thyme,cloves and sage and the bottom notes are peat,cedar,musk and vetiver
And its nice and cool on the skin when its hot outside.

41oRD45loAL._SX425__zpslvnauxt9.jpg

When its cooler out I wear "L". You can only get from a catalog called Soft Surroundings. Tops notes of tobacco and black honey, mid notes are patchouli and ylang ylang, finishes with black vanilla and amber. I love it

05767_zps3xk34xrn.jpg

I don't wear any perfumes and haven't for years, decades. I am highly allergic to artificial scents, perfumes and anything scented. I am not alone. I just saw an article that said scents are the next second hand smoke. https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.1a5ea76e802b

I was in line at the post office once and a woman walked in the door wearing something scented. I was immediately sick with a horrible headache! I told the person behind me that I had to get out of line, but I would go stand outside of the glass door and come back when it was my turn.

I have a big fear that sometime when I am flying, I will encounter someone who has doused them self in perfume and I would have to endure that, rendering me completely nauseated.

Scents have caused me many horrible migraines, including the vomiting.

Thanks for asking and giving me the opportunity to educate about scents.

I haven't worn perfume per se in a long time. Essential oils are more my speed too, like Amish Heart... So many people are allergic to perfumes too so it can be bad news if you're around other people.
The lotions I use have nice scents.
Sandalwood and rosewood are my favorites for scents to wear. They wear off quickly though. Patchouli of course.
Love geranium with rosemary, peppermint and there was something else...I used it in a diffuser for when we were having sinus issues or the flu and it really did help clear the head.
Oils are expensive, the quality ones.

Yes so are perfumes but my kids buy most of those for me for BDay or mother Day. I did buy this last one though Le Ve est Belle' spell'.

I don't wear any perfumes and haven't for years, decades. I am highly allergic to artificial scents, perfumes and anything scented. I am not alone. I just saw an article that said scents are the next second hand smoke. https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.1a5ea76e802b

I was in line at the post office once and a woman walked in the door wearing something scented. I was immediately sick with a horrible headache! I told the person behind me that I had to get out of line, but I would go stand outside of the glass door and come back when it was my turn.

I have a big fear that sometime when I am flying, I will encounter someone who has doused them self in perfume and I would have to endure that, rendering me completely nauseated.

Scents have caused me many horrible migraines, including the vomiting.

Thanks for asking and giving me the opportunity to educate about scents.

Thanks for reminding us Weedy. I do know though that some people can't be around scents. And no way would I want to make somebody sick. Plus much of the stuff I can't wear either.
Sorry you get so sick though.:heart:

I am not a lady but I like dessert. My wife wears stuff on occasion. One thing smells like peaches. She always smells good to me even when she is grubby. When she was a baker she came home smelling like chocolate chip cookies. OMG that totally does it for a chubby fella.

None. Most scented things aggrevate my asthma. Even when it doesn't I can taste it. I get a metallic taste in my mouth and it takes a while to go away.

Around the house I mostly wear baby powder, BUT only with pure corn starch base since they said the other stuff gives people lung and sinus problems including suspect cancer.

I am not a lady but I like dessert. My wife wears stuff on occasion. One thing smells like peaches. She always smells good to me even when she is grubby. When she was a baker she came home smelling like chocolate chip cookies. OMG that totally does it for a chubby fella.

No but you men are also some of the ones we lady's like to please so your imput is important too.:Thankyou:

I love spicy! Hubby wears Halston and it smells so good on him ( yummy!). He wears Old Spice for work lol
He rarely has an opinion on what scent I wear but I do get an occasional good remark if something has a vanilla scent to it

Latest posts

Back