Late spring; oh yeah!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VThillman

Geezer
Neighbor
On my way back home from the cemetery, the road goes through valleys surrounded by ridges covered mostly in hardwoods, with a few pines among them. The hardwoods are in full leaf, but still a paler green than they will be later. The dark green pines show up just often enough to provide contrast. Beautiful.

be still my heart, pining away for the beauty of the eastern lands in spring. Spring has been over here for MONTHS. We've got our time of wildflowers blooming here though. I've noticed they are cutting them down, mowing them over, I guess so folks won't have their little girls sitting in the flowers spreading the coronavirus around. I SWEAR.
We did get some lovely photos of the bluebonnets this time though, they were safely uncut. Now we have the pretty pink mallow cups ending their month long blooming. Next I think is gaillardia, better known as blanket flower and wine cup, and then the Mexican hat flowers and something yellow...Also the aromatic beebalm; Indian paintbrush in varying colors has come and gone as well. It will all be gone by the end of June. See my photo, my avatar? I took that one spring.

Our purple lilacs have been full and colorful for a few weeks now. We don't have much for white ones around here.

Got warm here yesterday in the afternoon - upper 80s. mid 90s expected today, and already mid 80s. Warmer this time of year than it used to be, when the world and I were young. Weather people say a string of thunder storms coming later in the week. The new leaves probably have a good enough grip to hang on by now.

Latest posts

Back