Leaving the Army to hide in the woods

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harbqll

New Friend
Neighbor
Hi there.

Despite having split my time growing in in rural Alaska and the Deep South, I don't have a lot of experience in farm or homestead life. Yet that's what my wife and I plan to do once my Army time comes to an end in about three years.

I've bought some land in Texas and will be working on getting it ready for us over the next few years.

Wife and I always looking for advice and tips.

Hello and a warm welcome from down in the S.W. corner of Oregon. I spent four years in the Air Force, it was like watching a dog chase it's tail, the ineptitude of operations was saddening, I had originally wanted to make a career in the AF, but after seeing a guy make Airman first, purely by BS, really soured me and I got out as soon as I could, hope you don't have to deal with anything more than normal BS.

Welcome from Alaska!

Hi there.

Despite having split my time growing in in rural Alaska and the Deep South, I don't have a lot of experience in farm or homestead life. Yet that's what my wife and I plan to do once my Army time comes to an end in about three years.

I've bought some land in Texas and will be working on getting it ready for us over the next few years.

Wife and I always looking for advice and tips.
This is so NOT what the title said to me! I thought someone going awol to hide in the woods. :oops: :rolleyes: :thumbs:
Glad I was wrong, Does your land have a lot of rocks, clay or sand?
The more sawdust/manure you can get into it now, the better it will work for you.
Mulch will keep the weeds down & a good water supply will go a long way.
Welcome, you will find as I have, that there are a lot of good, knowledgeable persons here.

Latest posts

Back