Left another forum today.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 55

Just a Drifter
Neighbor
So another forum I frequented many times daily has now been added to my “not worth my time” list. In the past few months it seems thinking is changing or I might be but either way it’s happening. The last was what brought us here. The one today I was a member of for nearly 7 years. Same for another that is now in the crosshairs and might be the third.

I’m just wondering or maybe thinking out loud if others are changing things up or not.

I have been on a few forums, and the one many of us left is about to die. I am glad to see many of the same people here, and for the opportunity to hang out with others. I still visit a few other forums. I joined a few over the years, and if there is not much activity, it just goes away from me because of no interest. I can appreciate leaving some of them forever.

I miss a couple of the old sites one was first one I was on when I came online to email son in Irag. Never touched a computer before 2000 till he said I could hear from him more if I got online. By the time I hunted and pecked out my replies the subject had changed a few times but what a rude awakening it was when I got online. :huh:
I was on Discussanything for close to 14 years when it closed down, anyone here eve hear of that one ? Now I just go to one forum for news and this one. I seldom post on the political one but sometimes read comments about current news now and then.

I was on Discussanything for close to 14 years when it closed down, anyone here eve hear of that one ? Now I just go to one forum for news and this one. I seldom post on the political one but sometimes read comments about current news now and then.

I have never heard of it, but it sounds like it could have been very interesting. I know that AOL had chat rooms that I have seen people talk about and how they have life long friends that they met there. People have driven to meet each other.

I have never heard of it, but it sounds like it could have been very interesting. I know that AOL had chat rooms that I have seen people talk about and how they have life long friends that they met there. People have driven to meet each other.

It got very heated at times but the mods would just give us all a 'break' till it cooled down. Half libs and half others. No cussing till last couple years and I think that was its fall. People started cussing and it went down fast.

Yeah, most people don't like cussing in general. Not like a expletive here and there when you bang your thumb with a hammer, etc. But using it for shock factor is just not good, in my view - and for this forum.

And I even get uptight and my nice wears thin when life pushes too hard some days. Then I come here and try to find my full capacity of nice and visit with all my old andnew friends.

And any other forum's loss, sure is our gain.
Thanks for hanging around here Guardian.

I met a person from a forum once. She needed help cleaning and packing because she was moving. No one else showed up, she was only about 40 minutes away and young enough to be my daughter. She eventually left that forum due to the hidden chatting that was going on behind the scenes that the host was paying for, yet the chatting was total put-down (to those who weren't included) and gossip land. She was very involved in the hidden chatting. In fact, a lot of people left and started their own group but it wasn't an open forum.

I'm still a member of one other forum like this but less active, of course. Been a member since the late 90's and I have met up with several of the members a few years ago. Still in contact with most of them!
If you get an urge to invite them here, they are welcome to come and hang out.

I have left many forums, most of the ones I used to frequent were "outdoors" or "self reliance/homesteading" oriented and were bought by Carbon Media. With the CMG acquisition, they all died and I moved on to a couple I frequent, and a couple more I check periodically.

If you get an urge to invite them here, they are welcome to come and hang out.

The one I belong to but mostly just read comments now about news has garden site on it but nobody ever uses it. I thought of inviting them here but don't think they would be interested.:dunno:. It would seem more people would be interested in survival. If I can find my password I'll check it out again. I go to the political forums to read. Get myself all hyped up so not too often so I stopped logging in lately.

I'm wondering why today I got an email from PS alerting me to a new thread?
I'm on a homemaker forum, too, but not so much. Can't mention prepping because it scares people. The mods there modify what you say, so I usually don't say anything.

I left THAT forum as well for good for those reasons.

Pulling the pin on that forum was snap decision but one I felt instantly good about though I regretted not telling Fentaly, you and SC about the decision before hand.
It worked out for the best though.
You and SC are here so it's all good.

I'm wondering why today I got an email from PS alerting me to a new thread?
I'm on a homemaker forum, too, but not so much. Can't mention prepping because it scares people. The mods there modify what you say, so I usually don't say anything.

I've started getting alerts from there and HT. Turned off the notifications twice and they turned back on. I just marked them as spam so I don't have to look at them.

That is pretty devious for the admins to flip the switches to receive notifications on their sites if you previously turned them off. In fact, I'm betting there could be something criminal, such as harassing/annoying electronic media. Do we have any lawyers in the house?

I understand that political stuff getting ones' dander up and bp also. I have to turn off TV and go to movies or a book and sew when I need off the world. Or go visit that cabin that is my Avatar.

So you really use that cabin, thats cool. My aunt had one looked just like it, we called it 'The Shack' but all loved it and still think of it today. Her neighbor had a huge mule who use to kick the heck out of him. We just knew that mule would kill him some day but far as I know he didn't. We'd sit on the porch and watch him and his mule fight it out, the mule always won.

The cabin is not mine, but I have met the owners once and they gave me permission to walk on the property, sit on the porch and the rock wall that lines the place. You can sit there and hear NO man made sounds.

Here is the road to it:

1891238_765879713423870_994918769_n.jpg

And the view from the front porch:

1898244_765877013424140_2083743162_n.jpg

The cabin is not mine, but I have met the owners once and they gave me permission to walk on the property, sit on the porch and the rock wall that lines the place. You can sit there and hear NO man made sounds.

Here is the road to it:

I think I see medicinal plants in both those pictures.:)

Here is the road to it:

Oh my. I'm in love.

I get notices from HT each night also, and they say they've taken notices off, but they still come.

And @goshengirl, if I'm ever missing my family knows to look there first. I would LOVE to own it. Maybe build a replica cabin to live in or weekend in. It has a kitchen on the left when looking at it, and a "living room" on the right. Above the kitchen is the sleeping loft. That's it. I use to have a back porch, too.

Latest posts

Back