Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I am ready to get rid of bugs and 95-100 degree heat and humidity! I hope that the winter gets cold enough to kill off as many bugs as possible.
Just put it in 4x4 and go or stay home in front of the fire drinking a hot cup of tea!
Sam

Me too!!! Love the cold. No bugs. Can see your breath in the cold air. Hot drinks. Comfort foods to eat.

One thing I can do without and that is ice storms. Don't care for those. But otherwise I'm all for winter lol

I am ready to get rid of bugs and 95-100 degree heat and humidity! I hope that the winter gets cold enough to kill off as many bugs as possible.
Just put it in 4x4 and go or stay home in front of the fire drinking a hot cup of tea!
Sam

A man after my own heart.
Want winter, some snow, but no temps below 20.

Need 6 " of snow for Christmas.

:snowwindow:
Jim

I keep our vehicles good to -40, have seen this low in the Ohio Valley before. Continuing to load up on cords of wood to keep us warm. Buddy is bringing me a BIG dump truck load of wood from the Amish sawmill and I am doing an addition 2 cords per week.
Wife wants at least 25 cords ready for the first snow fall. Both propane tanks will be filled by the end of Sept. after the rush as I already have the price locked in. All I will need to do is get about 20 gallons of K1 for our Aladdin lamps.
Sam

Me too!!! Love the cold. No bugs. Can see your breath in the cold air. Hot drinks. Comfort foods to eat.

One thing I can do without and that is ice storms. Don't care for those. But otherwise I'm all for winter lol
You can have it!
When it drops below 50°F, I go into hibernation in my cocoon.
Fortunately that only lasts for 2 months.
See you in the spring
waveguy.gif
ae37eac1-6761-4a49-ade8-05817aeb5bfe.gif

I'd love to see a few heavy snows here this year and some good cold temps. Fall and winter are my favorite times of the year.
That's two out of the four, Bacpacker. Not bad.
When I was a kid I loved them all. Geezerdom has destroyed winter for me, starting in November. The Holidays bring on the melancholy; too many loved ones gone.

Spring, A time for seeds in the ground and love in the air...
Summer, a time for watering the plants and harvesting when not on the water in a boat.
Fall, a time to finish the harvesting, canning and drying and watch the sunset with your lover.
Winter, a time for a warm hearth and a warmer heart while the outside turns white and the inside turns red and green.

Love everyday, it may be the last one. Don't spend a lot of time planning for a future you may never see.

According to the FoxFire Books each night of fog I have in August is a day of snow in the coming winter. I've had 2, one night a heavy fog and 10 nights later a lite fog. Got them marked on my calendar... we'll see.

Fall is definitely in the air. Cool temps at night and only 3 more days forecasted to be in the 80s then we go into the 70s.
Last year we got very little snow. I used my leaf blower to clear the sidewalk 2 times all winter and I didn't even think about getting my snowblower out of the barn. This year just might be different.
Snow I can deal with but freezing rain is something else altogether.
I hate that stuff.

Y'all do realize "snow" is a four letter word and this is a family orientated forum?
You are correct!
The odds of me dying from a heart-attack from shoveling snow - 0%.
Every year I hear about thousands of Americans dying from that, I just scream:
"It will go away all by itself by July, I promise!"
go crazy.gif

Guess why 20-million retirees live in Florida?
Old folks shouldn't have to shovel snow!
I'll never get to build another snow-man in my lifetime, BFD.
I can live with that.
I prefer my heart-attack to be from too many sirloin steaks
Yummy.gif

I wish it would snow...reminds me of Christmas.
Snow bending the cedars, Christmas lights reflecting off the white stuff, kids sledding down my hill.
Tractor and blade going down my driveway, so the family can get up the hill to open presents, and make snowcream.

Let it snow.
Haven't seen a snow flake in 2 years.

Jim

Well I will agree with the being rid of bugs part, but IMHO that is the only good part of Winter. Give me the Summer and the heat. I am a desert rat at heart.

I has gotten cooler here. Night time temps are in the 40's.

Latest posts

Back