Like minded ?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverickhawk

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Okay so I'm on this forum to correspond with people who have similar believes. It's my sanity when everyone around me is caught up in self indulgence. I'm more interested in what I can produce and achieve.
It would however be a blast to meet up with some of you to spend time picking your brains for knowledge and experiences. I did a search for some of the homesteader's on YouTube through this site. Not much luck. I did it the same as I have on other forums.
Specifically I have subscribed to Viking Preparedness, and Pastor Joe For. They have meet ups periodically. Got notice that they will have one in my area in a couple of weeks. I'm excited, but I'm keeping my expectations low. I can be social unless it feels cult like. Any thoughts or impressions are appreciated.

Okay so I'm on this forum to correspond with people who have similar believes. It's my sanity when everyone around me is caught up in self indulgence. I'm more interested in what I can produce and achieve.
It would however be a blast to meet up with some of you to spend time picking your brains for knowledge and experiences. I did a search for some of the homesteader's on YouTube through this site. Not much luck. I did it the same as I have on other forums.
Specifically I have subscribed to Viking Preparedness, and Pastor Joe For. They have meet ups periodically. Got notice that they will have one in my area in a couple of weeks. I'm excited, but I'm keeping my expectations low. I can be social unless it feels cult like. Any thoughts or impressions are appreciated.
Do you like Viking Preparedness videos? I watched him for a short while, then lost interest. I haven't seen any of his videos for a few years now.

I've met a few folks over the years from forums I've been on. For the most part they have turned out to be good people. One couple really good friends with and get together every now and then.
I try to always meet the first time in a public environment, arrive early and keep my eyes open. Then listen with my ears open while meeting. Don't give away too much until you get to know them better. Sometimes you meet good people, sometimes better to walk away and stay at a distance.

Do you like Viking Preparedness videos? I watched him for a short while, then lost interest. I haven't seen any of his videos for a few years now.
I do watch about twenty five percent of his videos. The videos can be a little long. I'd rather be here interacting with a variety of live people here.
It would be cool if I can meet someone who knows the area and can help me find the right piece of property.

Eastern Kansas, Viking PJF, is within 3 to 4 hours from us.

Maybe try ' CityData.com '. It has realestate plus liberla discussion boards,a few conservatives but last time they banned me mods were liberal. The toon said " your banned for life 'I made sure of that'!".Thats been several years ago.
They do have a listing for all the states and whats going on in them.

I do watch about twenty five percent of his videos. The videos can be a little long. I'd rather be here interacting with a variety of live people here.
It would be cool if I can meet someone who knows the area and can help me find the right piece of property.
I don't really remember why I quit watching him. It may be because he is long winded. Some of these guys talk and talk to keep people watching, (and get more time and money from YT) before they get to the point.

I guess I think we each create our own preparedness plan. Our beliefs play a roll in our goals obviously. I try to glean "the good bits" from a variety of places - often in places I least expect it (not usually prep. videos.) Are there certain areas of particular interest that you are are looking for? My brain is pretty slim pickin's, but I might have or know of a resource or two?

I think Steve Smith, the author is near you. He does Integrative Preparedness on You tube. I enjoyed his books. I'll be in central Kansas, more or less, in a little over a month.
Will look into him. Thank you, I think I do remember you mentioning several weeks ago you would be visiting Kansas.

I have the opportunity to join 2 MRUs within 5 hours drive of me.
The closest is a real worry. Only 3 knowledgeable able bodied adults and the rest have bad hearts, knees, backs. In short in a real SHTF situation the group is going to be run like Social Security. There'll be a lot of eaters huddled around the fire depending upon the efforts of the fit 3. Pass.

The other is extremely fussy about intakes. I threw my lot in with them and the leader/head guy has his head screwed on straight and there's no deadweight in the group.

Weeks of thinking and research no real progress. Then received the news of the Viking Preparedness meet up. Rekindled my interest in finding local like minded. That's why I started this thread. Literally, I mean, literally the next evening VP did a video on LMP. With the help of you all and other sources I'm over that wall. I can now see what can be done safely. Actually looking forward to a VP meet up and I can see myself assembling a LMP group. Thanks again everyone.
There are lots of good forums out there, but I will do my best to promote this site with quality people.
I have the opportunity to join 2 MRUs within 5 hours drive of me.
The closest is a real worry. Only 3 knowledgeable able bodied adults and the rest have bad hearts, knees, backs. In short in a real SHTF situation the group is going to be run like Social Security. There'll be a lot of eaters huddled around the fire depending upon the efforts of the fit 3. Pass.

The other is extremely fussy about intakes. I threw my lot in with them and the leader/head guy has his head screwed on straight and there's no deadweight in the group.
Took some time to think about it, but I don't know what MRU is.
I do however like fussy intakes.

Weeks of thinking and research no real progress. Then received the news of the Viking Preparedness meet up. Rekindled my interest in finding local like minded. That's why I started this thread. Literally, I mean, literally the next evening VP did a video on LMP. With the help of you all and other sources I'm over that wall. I can now see what can be done safely. Actually looking forward to a VP meet up and I can see myself assembling a LMP group. Thanks again everyone.
There are lots of good forums out there, but I will do my best to promote this site with quality people.
Took some time to think about it, but I don't know what MRU is.
I do however like fussy intakes.

Mutual Recognition Units. I think Moron Repelling Unit fits as well.

Latest posts

Back