Living on the sand which is there...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunewalker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I've been an aspiring homesteader for more than 50 years, finally made it stick about 25 years ago. Found an inexpensive old homestead out in the middle of nowhere, moved here 19 years ago, off-grid, hand-dug well for starters, eventually a drilled well, solar plus wind mill. Not a gardener of farmer, more of a McGyver-type personality, enjoy making do with available resources. Another member suggested this site, looking forward to good reading & discussions.

Welcome from Alaska. You have stories that I would love to hear. This is the best site on the web for what you are looking for.

I've been an aspiring homesteader for more than 50 years, finally made it stick about 25 years ago. Found an inexpensive old homestead out in the middle of nowhere, moved here 19 years ago, off-grid, hand-dug well for starters, eventually a drilled well, solar plus wind mill. Not a gardener of farmer, more of a McGyver-type personality, enjoy making do with available resources. Another member suggested this site, looking forward to good reading & discussions.
Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon. I know how it feels to start with basically a blank piece of land, we bought ours 40 years ago, everything we have is by blood and sweat. We're still putting things together in our 70"s, you've come to the right place, there's a huge knowledge base here of people that have done pretty much everything that you may need an answer for and if you have good advice, we'll appreciate what you have to share.

Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us.

Welcome to here! I think you will find many here who have lots in common with you. (Birds of a feather...)

And any friend of SoJer is a friend of mine! Looking forward to reading your posts. Especially the McGyver stuff!

Signed,
Mizz McGyver, lol.

welcome from South Carolina. A lot of MacGyver's here, a lot gardener & a few herbalist, too.
So many of your views & questions will be understood, here.

Wow, thanks for all the welcomes! I don't spend much time on sites like this, except to read & learn. Yes, like everyone else, I have lots of anecdotes from 74 years, fortunately no broken bones or major physical scars. They say a wise man learns from experience, a wiser man learns from the experiences of others.

Latest posts

Back