Local grocery store can not get one third of what they need.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tootsie

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I took a picture of the post, so I hope it is readable. This is a medium sized store that always goes above and beyond to provide for their customers. If they can’t get something, others sure can’t. We’ve heard of shortages of this and that, but one third of what they need or normally have? It’s the only store in town, and probably half an hour from another store

Attachments

• A08BC0D6-5B24-44E8-A159-CA2C7E7E0815.jpeg
    A08BC0D6-5B24-44E8-A159-CA2C7E7E0815.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 67
I took a picture of the post, so I hope it is readable. This is a medium sized store that always goes above and beyond to provide for their customers. If they can’t get something, others sure can’t. We’ve heard of shortages of this and that, but one third of what they need or normally have? It’s the only store in town, and probably half an hour from another store
Getting trucks under things is a huge issue in rural areas. (Only part of the problem I know.)

I am not sure why things are so much tighter south of the border. I personally, am not seeing the same amount of shortages that you all are reporting, although I have done my best to create some. Inflation is getting pretty bad, but strangely, prices have dropped back to normal this week. It may be because of the federal election on Monday.

Speaking of which, I thought it was bad juju to interfere in another country's elections. Your much beloved big O, just endorsed our beloved crooked shyster azzhat who is sure to win in a landslide even though he can't campaign anywhere without getting boo'd out of town. No doubt the fix is in and something really bad will soon follow.

Last edited:
At least the store is being honest and up front with their customers.
Most don't bother
In today's world that it something to behold. Honesty..... Most likely the propaganda police will be visiting his employer and he will be relocated to someplace unpleasant...... No good deed goes unpunished..

I am not sure why things are so much tighter south of the border. I personally, am not seeing the same amount of shortages that you all are reporting, although I have done my best to create some. Inflation is getting pretty bad, but strangely, prices have dropped back to normal this week. It may be because of the federal election on Monday.

Speaking of which, I thought it was bad juju to interfere in another country's elections. Your much beloved big O, just endorsed our beloved crooked shyster azzhat who is sure to win in a landslide even though he can't campaign anywhere without getting boo'd out of town. No doubt the fix is in and something really bad will soon follow.

Feel free to throw him in jail.

When we went to the store yesterday morning the lady working the deli counter told us they can't even get things at the local distribution center. The deli counter is half as stocked as normal. Bottled water is hard to come by but there are no limits yet. Claussen pickles haven't been in stock for almost a month. All the Goulden's mustard on the shelf was expired.

The store is clearing items they haven't gotten in weeks to make room for the things they can. Not to mention you have to check the dates on what is on the shelves. Most items are spaced on the shelves to hide the fact there is less on them.

Walmart this morning was a bit better with more on the shelves but there were still large gaps.

Back