Long overdue! get ready to clap you stoners and herb doctors!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing to note is the relationship between hemp & MJ and cancer. Before hemp & MJ were made illegal almost every type of meat we ate had been fed a diet with some hemp. Hemp was also a cheap filler product in a whole lot of things. Hemp was in just about everything at one time. Then big pharma figured it that line of plants were a curative / nearly a cure all for many things and poof they were gone .

Another thing to note is the relationship between hemp & MJ and cancer. Before hemp & MJ were made illegal almost every type of meat we ate had been fed a diet with some hemp. Hemp was also a cheap filler product in a whole lot of things. Hemp was in just about everything at one time. Then big pharma figured it that line of plants were a curative / nearly a cure all for many things and poof they were gone .
DING< DING< DING....we have a winner

When my back was injured the Oxycontin I was put on worked for about an hour over the 4 hour dose. My doctor sent me to the pain clinic. They decided to put me on methadone. This is one of the most addictive drugs that exist. It takes 3 days for a change in dosage to take effect and withdrawal takes 3 to 6 months. The doctors figured I was going to be debilitated by pain for life. After 3 years of bouncing between sitting on the couch slobbering and having to take breakout opiates I decided I was done. I started reducing my dosage and waiting a few weeks and reducing it again. After 3 months I went to my doctor and told her I was off of it and would never take it again. Since then I have taken Tylenol-codeine and dropped to Tramadol. I have been using nothing but aspirin for over a year. I still hurt sometimes but I can at least enjoy my life most of the time. I can't tell you why I never got addicted - by all rights I should have - but I NEEDED to live my life and the drug didn't allow me to do that.
I grew up with aspirin being the pain medication that we always had and used. When I fell down the stairs in college and injured my back, it was aspirin that I took. Every time since then when I have a problem with anything, I take aspirin, even for migraines.

I recently lost a friend who had injured her back. She was Montessori trained for ages 0 to 3, an age group that means that she had to pick up children. She got doctors orders not to pick up children. She couldn't do the job that she was trained for. Her doctor also prescribed pain meds. I have no idea what kind, but she talked about how they kept prescribing higher and higher dosages. Then they switched her to morphine. I remember visiting her with another friend a couple years ago, and we were discussing pain meds and how some people have become so addicted that they are now homeless. It was then that she told about her journey. She died suddenly in February at the age of 70, leaving 3 grown children and a grandchild.

I knew someone who had cancer and had decided he was going to end his life. After researching and discussing his ideas with a few people, he saved up pain meds and took them all at once, ending his life.

@Neb I saw reefer madness about 10 years ago on a late night channel. It was funny!

I always wanted to see it on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Now that would be hysterical. My hero!

3000 01.jpeg

I have a nephew that was hurt on the job when he was a Fire Chief. He was taking 80 mg of opioids' a day. He was a zombie and a raving a hole. His family had an intervention an got him to make a change. He got a medical card and started growing and smoking or eating MJ. After a few months he was completely off the opioids. It was amazing he was able to kick the opioid habit so fast. He is back to his old self and able to function normally.
My wife gets relief from medical MJ cookies and candy.
My thought is you can take a drug made in a lab by chemist or you can take an herb grown by God.
Who you going to trust?
I have always advocated edibles instead of opiates. Opiates are bad news.

A clip from Refer Madness

And the full movie

Ben

Aw man, that stuff is a riot! I have only had two serious addictions in my life, cigarettes, which I'll probably die with one in my hand,
And amphetamines, the legal ones. And even though I'm no longer a Christian, I must give credit due, a preacher prayed with me and
I never took another one. So yes, Jesus delivered me.

A long time ago a girl came by my house got me stoned and took advantage of me. I thought wow if this chick had brought a sandwich she would have been just about perfect. Well we don't smoke pot anymore but she makes a great sandwich. Some things just never loose thier appeal.

I don't doubt that Smoking MJ could be habit forming. It has mind altering effects. edibles can also if you overdo it, but for me as a painkiller simple plant material , baked in a pound of butter eliminated a lot of cronic pain paths. yes edibles could be habit forming too, life requires some self discipline. there are also different strains, one gives you motivation to move, the gives you motivation to move to the couch.

I have never, and even with occasional/chronic pain I consider it now but wont due to the illegal in Utah for recreational and the background issue for firearms if I were to get medical. But, my sister and brother-in-law retire next year and said their retirement party will have MJ because they haven't been able to use it the last 30 years due to drug testing at work. I think I will give it a try at that party.

My son is an expert at making the edibles. his nutella firecrackers are to die for!
We made brownies!:p
They were great....
Then we found out that it takes 3 times as much weed in brownies to get you stoned vs smoking it.
Wasteful.:confused:

On a side note, does that mean Hashish will be legal? (it is made from only MJ)
That is some serious stuff!!!o_O
3 puffs on a hashpipe = smoking 3 joints.
Been there, smoked that.:confused:
Remember, people in my generation were the original 'druggies'.
We invented "getting high"🤪.

Last edited:
I don't doubt that Smoking MJ could be habit forming.
Forty one years ago I was in NYC for a week. The Village Voice had several ads on the back for Pot Smokers Anonymous meetings. I thought that was interesting because I never thought it was addictive, but there are people who might become addicted to things the rest of us never would.

On a side note, does that mean Hashish will be legal? (it is made from only MJ)
That is some serious stuff!!!o_O
3 puffs on a hashpipe = smoking 3 joints.
Been there, smoked that.:confused:
Remember, people in my generation were the original 'druggies'.
We invented "getting high"🤪.
Unless you are very, very old we weren't the original druggies. My Grandpa talked about smoking it when he was a kid and that would have been in 1920 or so.

Looking at some of the posts so far, weed is a medicinal herb, much like Phaedra and should not be abused.
It's a have to thing, a medication, not a lifestyle. I only smoke when the nice, legal made in China pills fail me.
Others may use it like alcohol as a weekend get away, but living in a nest of hot pocket, Doritos wrappers and Mt dew cans
isn't living, its hiding.

Keep as many as possible stoned.
They are easier for the government to control that way.

I can hear the Dem politicians now - "let's legalize it federally, then in a few months we'll give it to the poor for free, just like welfare. They'll vote for us forever!!"
I would say that in this case, the system works. XD

Be nice my little weedeater, not everyone here appreciates the humor. LOL
You going to get off your lazy butt and post your clarified butter recipe now or what?

I've been experimenting for years.

Take this for pain of any kind, including arthritis.

Take a pound of butter and heat it on low. I add marijuana concentrate. I found succuss with 4 grams of 84% wax or so, or the kief collection from a grinder from a months use.

Continue stirring until it stops bubbling, what you are doing is evaporating the water molecules, which separates the milk solids from the butter-fat. As you boil it, ensure you spoon out all the milk solids, they are the white clouds. that appear on the top or fall to the bottom. Finally, pour it through a cheese cloth, and now you have milk solids, which get you high. and the cream of the crop, the clarified cannabutter. One tablespoon mixes into coffee, or you can add it to baked goods, I have cookies for each day, and that's one way.

Edit: I like putting the milk solids on popcorn.

Last edited:
Be nice my little weedeater, not everyone here appreciates the humor. LOL
You going to get off your lazy butt and post your clarified butter recipe now or what?
000 capsules work well for canna butter. No sweets required best kept frozen when large batches are made. Oven works best for making it IMO. I clarify then add the decarbed material and bake at 250 for a few hours. 1oz to 1lb of clarified butter. makes a couple hundred capsules. They don't get you "high" unless you take several but for pain relief one or two is usually sufficient.

Last edited:
Last edited:
This process has to be done in order. You mix in the cannabis first because cannabis has very little THC, and if you eat it plain nothing will happen, so you have to heat it in order to excite the molecular structure to change and become THC, when you smoke it, the fire does this, in addition to burning most of the goodies. So heating it up during the process of clarifying is a good way to get some potent butter. You can't just mix it in afterwards.

Missouri Medical Growers License came about a week ago, guess I'll try my hand at a couple of plants.
It's not that hard to grow, it's a weed, that's how it got it's name :D.
The only problem is local pests...
They are called "teenagers".:LOL:

Latest posts

Back