Looking for "Bar Soap" that rinses with cold water.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
I think it has been more then 30'ish years I last purchased a bar of soap. But looking to do exactly that. I am looking for a "Just Plain Soap Bar" that will rinse off with cold water. It does not need to make me "small" nice, look handsome, youthful, sexy, or semi-intelligent. It only needs to clean and then rinse off with cold water.

Actually do they make a "dish soap" that comes in a bar. I have been using liquid dish soap for washing my body for about 40 years, because it rinses with cold water.

Grandpa Pine Tar soap covers everything from head to toe, hair included. Rinses squeaky clean in cold water.

https://www.vitacost.com/the-grandpa-soap-co-pine-tar-bar-soap-original
It smells a little like pine until you rinse it off, then everything smells fresh and clean. Love it for camping, too.

I love their charcoal one too, which is great for itchamacallits (bug bites, rashes, etc.). Rinses very well in cold water, too.

https://www.vitacost.com/the-grandpa-soap-co-face-and-body-bar-soap-charcoal-detoxify

Last edited:
I would go with plain old Ivory soap. Been around for nearly 150 years, so they must be doing something right. Invented by Harley Procter (does that name ring a bell?) to be used on the whole body by the whole family. I would say it is time tested.

There are all kinds of bar dish soaps out there but they are really over priced. You can see a small corner of that market over at Grove Collaborative. Over priced but they have some interesting ideas.

I know K has similar issues with soap during the summer when we all take cold showers. He uses Ivory. I use liquid Dr. Bronners in lavender but have a gallon jug in peppermint and baby scent free for the rest of the family.

i like dial and like sourdough a dish soap..ultra dawn is the best. if i could only have one of these items it would be ultra dawn...why it gets everything clean. i know its a chemical slurry but it works. i do have the other multi use bars like castile but they are in long term storage and never used them. but back when cheap i got several and put in my stocks.

There are all kinds of bar dish soaps out there but they are really over priced. You can see a small corner of that market over at Grove Collaborative. Over priced but they have some interesting ideas.

I know K has similar issues with soap during the summer when we all take cold showers. He uses Ivory. I use liquid Dr. Bronners in lavender but have a gallon jug in peppermint and baby scent free for the rest of the family.
I buy Bronner’s peppermint by the gallon, too.

My data is decades out of date, I left Bar Soap @ Procter and Gamble in 1997. What I would suggest is a "Syndet" bar. Zest used to be one, not sure it it still is. Dove was one, but with a load of "moisturizers. Eucerin was one too. They should all rinse clean in any water.

Latest posts

Back