Losing weight FAST!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to drop fifty pounds fast! any ideas?
Bear in mind, I need to lose this weight so I CAN work out.
The last time I dropped 50 lbs was a combination of fasting for 1-2 days at a shot then one meal a day of one serving plus as much ice cream as i wanted.

If you don't already fast start with one day at a time. In my case my stomach learned to not anticipate food at the same time each day and the hunger pangs stopped. At 5he same time the contents of my stomach went down and I was able to eat less and feel full.

Getting started fasting takes will power but after time my body adapted and there are days I forget to eat. Fasting is also good practice for TEOTWAWKI one may have to go without eating.

Note
When The Princess saw the ice cream diet worked for me she declared...

"It's not fair!"

Ben

I dropped about 10 pounds a month after I started a whole food, plan-based lifestyle. No meat, no dairy (milk, ice cream, cheese, etc), no eggs, etc. Just plants (fruits, grains vegetables, beans, rice, and nuts). I could eat as much as I wanted. I felt full all the time. And, I still lost the weight.

There are many diets that can help with weight loss, but different ones work for different people. One really important thing is water consumption. There is a formula of the amount each person should drink, based on their weight. I don't know it, but it is out there. The people that I know that do not drink water, often struggled with weight loss.

OK. more info time:
Gluten allergies, milk aversion, but somehow cheese is fine, allergic to GMO corn and oats and lots of food dyes, mostly red, fake cherry and strawberries, some varieties of cured meats and I have a massive ulcer. I tried paleo and stayed hungry, then gained thirty pounds after I quit.

OK. more info time:
Gluten allergies, milk aversion, but somehow cheese is fine, allergic to GMO corn and oats and lots of food dyes, mostly red, fake cherry and strawberries, some varieties of cured meats and I have a massive ulcer. I tried paleo and stayed hungry, then gained thirty pounds after I quit.
You may want to try that ice cream diet.

It is part psychological to reward yourself for sticking to just one meal.

I can handle ice cream and cheese but a milk shake... my bowels are cleared within an hour or so.

Have you tried an acid reducer?

I used to have trouble acid stomach but one tablet a day and I can eat anything except spicey brown mustard with no problems now for years.

Just trying to help out.

Ben

I need to drop fifty pounds fast! any ideas?
Bear in mind, I need to lose this weight so I CAN work out.
You might not like this, but I will share. Hubby and I are for the most part healthy weights. We could each stand to loose 5 lbs., but ce la vie.
We did a diet of no grains, sugars, or chemicals for 1 month. Hubby lost about 15 lbs and had to start eating some oatmeal in the mornings because he was getting too thin by about week 3. I worked at a desk job so low activity while there, though at home was active. I lost 8 lbs in the month. It's basically meats, fats, veggies, and a piece of fresh fruit if you want desert.
If you are interested (if not feel free not to read it): Your body can only process sugars/carbs as sugars or store them for later as fat in the body. Proteins can be used as proteins or changed to sugars if needed. Natural animal fat and a couple stone fruit fats (olive) can be used as fat which is what powers the brain & nervous system, changed to protein if needed, or changed to sugar if needed. The Inuits lived on whale blubber for 9 months of the yr. with no heart disease, or other major health issues. Most folks, myself included, can't imagine a diet of fat alone, but it is actually healthy in the absence of sugar. I'm sharing because sometimes knowing the why helps you when making eating decisions.
I am not a Dr. but would almost bet this diet would not only be healthy, but help you loose weight without ill side effects.
PS- you will go through sugar withdrawals for about the first week.

I would go the low carb route. But in my own opinion, controlling portions with a balanced diet is probably best for the long term. Eat whatever foods your body doesn't have a problem with - just eat less of all of them. Easier said than done, but I went from 225 lbs to 172 lbs in 8 months that way one time. Of course my discipline went in the crapper after that. I weigh 220 again now.

I live on TUMS and alka seltzer now feels like, that and acid reducers.
One big meal and maybe some cheese crackers a day is all I eat now. maybe its the sodas? I already ditched beer.

One big meal and maybe some cheese crackers a day is all I eat now. maybe its the sodas? I already ditched beer.
Quitting soda alone will help you loose weight. I had a friend who lost 25# - no diet, just quit soda. I think his drink of choice was diet pepsi.

Grazing is good for you! No blood sugar spikes or or ups and downs. Do your own homework first, but what about several smaller meals of healthy foods??

Grazing is good for you! No blood sugar spikes or or ups and downs. Do your own homework first, but what about several smaller meals of healthy foods??
Smaller than a sandwich?

@Magus have you tried hydrochloric acid? If you don’t have enough in your digestive tract naturally, it can cause problems. One of my kids had to take it for a while as a child. I don’t know if it’s available without a prescription, I know it sounds whacky. Ask your pharmacist if it is available and check with your doctor or P.A.
Be precise about your serving sizes. It matters! We lost weight when we stopped all dairy, most sugars, most flour products, beef and pork, increased vegetables. No taters, no pasta, ate weird grains like quinoa. Tree nuts. Eat more fish.
When my husband lost weight, maybe 10-15 lbs., changed the diet, his sleep apnea mostly stopped, indigestion and heartburn stopped for the most part. No more sodas helped too.

Smaller than a sandwich?
I make some pretty big sandwiches😀! Besides that, I mean don't just eat once a day, and crackers and cheese probably are not the best. Eat an apple and other fruit instead. Cheese without the crackers is good. If your body thinks it's hungry it will store calories. Also, you can work out! Maybe not boot camp style, but do what you can do to keep moving and active. Don't rush it too much, good body changes takes time!

The water thing is 1/2 your weight in ounces. That's how much water you should drink. So if you weighed 200 lbs you would need 100 ounces of water each day.
I would say that is a minimum. For me personally, I double that. 6 to 7 liters a day, and more if I'm doing physical work.

Don't think of what you can't/shouldn't eat, think of what you can add. If you feel the urge to snack, slice up and eat a tomato. Or some sugar snap peas. Or carrots. Or an apple. Drink plenty of water, it makes your stomach feel fuller. Skinned chicken breasts (grilled, not fried) will be your friend. So will salad (learn to like balsamic vinegret dressing of oil and vinegar - skip the blue cheese). As a matter of fact, skip the cheese entirely. Bread is not your friend. If you make a sandwich, use half the bread you normally would (only one slice). Forget the "one big meal" thing, you will anticipate that too much and overdo the eating. Desserts are out, if you feel a need for something sweet, try a little sweet fruit (plums, watermelon, grapes) as a treat.

I used to own a little fitness center and did a lot of personal training. The key is to limit carbs of all types. Basically carbs = starch and sugar. If you don't use those carb calories within about an hour, they get stored as fat. Carbs include all the bread stuff and also most fruits. The stuff everyone likes....

So if you can just eat proteins and green veggies you can easily lose 50 lbs in 2-3 months (best case, but I made it happen a lot). You can even have low carb beer or white liquors if you love alcohol. Get a copy of the Glycemic Index and learn it like a Bible.

And then of course working out. The biggest bang for your buck will be resistance training because it builds muscle which in turn burns even more calories. Most cardio is worthless for weight loss (unless you're doing some insane amount of it). Don't waste your time walking unless you just do it for fun....

Its really pretty easy and straight forward, ya just gotta do it. Problem is most people don't......

When I got started down here, I lived on Ramen noodles and convenience store hot dogs a month and lost weight like crazy.
No actual food value in either.

1. Stay away from grains and any carbohydrates. They feed animals grains to make them fat.
2. Stay away from any sugar. Most fruits contain sugar.
3. Eat meat, any meat that isn't processed lunch meat.
4. Eat low carbohydrate veggies. Spinach, broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, cauliflower and celery.
5. Drink water.
6. Take supplements for vitamin and mineral balance.
7. Exercise to maintain muscle mass and strength.

Latest posts

Back