Losing weight FAST!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
use half the bread you normally would (only one slice).

Honestly, the Nature's Own Low calorie bread has saved my way of eating! 40 calories a slice. The way I eat is not fast weight loss, but I am down to 146. Was 169 in March of this year. 238 in July of 2018. I eat no carb small meals during the day and whatever I want for dinner. I just have to act like I have a little common sense. LOL

Last edited:
Ever notice everything affordable and tasty is crammed full of the same crap they feed livestock to fatten them up?
Hormones, chemicals to increase fat layers, chlorine and fluoride that armor plates the fat cells and all kinds of crap that
retard brain cell growth. Anyone ever see the outer limits (twilight zone?) episode "To serve man? makes you wonder.

Ever notice everything affordable and tasty is crammed full of the same crap they feed livestock to fatten them up?
Hormones, chemicals to increase fat layers, chlorine and fluoride that armor plates the fat cells and all kinds of crap that
retard brain cell growth. Anyone ever see the outer limits (twilight zone?) episode "To serve man? makes you wonder.
Haven't seen it, but would be curious to know if you've lost weight since we've all given you pro advise 😊 If you'd like to share, I think you would have a strong support system here. If not, understand. Best wishes for success!
Honestly, the Nature's Own Low calorie bread has saved my way of eating! 40 calories a slice. The way I eat is not fast weight loss, but I am down to 146. Was 169 in March of this year. 238 in July of 2018. I eat no carb small meals during the day and whatever I want for dinner. I just have to act like I have a little common sense. LOL
Awesome!

Haven't seen it, but would be curious to know if you've lost weight since we've all given you pro advise 😊 If you'd like to share, I think you would have a strong support system here. If not, understand. Best wishes for success!

Awesome!
Yup

Try them out and report back.

Ben

keto, real keto not powder you need fat from an animal source to get your body to burn fat. most people cheat when trying keto and claim it doesn`t work. any refined carb is bad, humans don`t do well on grains no matter what the mainstream tells you . Sheepdog said it well a few posts back. but if you want to burn fat you need to eat natural fats. no damn sugar or flour at all

Yeah. Keto seems to be the trick. The only thing that ever worked for me, and has worked fast.

But you have to actually do it. You can't just pretend to do it or say that carbs from certain sources don't count because they are 'healthy' or something. This is the problem I seem to see people have "What do you mean I can't eat my organic garden grown tomatoes? they are all NaTurAL!

My philosophy is that nature designed humans to either work like slaves 14 hours a day and die at 35, or sit around and build up 200lbs of fat to get through the winter with

'Healthy diet' means you either work all the time as hard as possible, or you gain weight. If you want to lose weight, you don't want an 'healthy' diet. You want a diet that sabotages your biology, that breaks the system and makes it malfunction. You want unbalance.

Thats why I like keto. I takes your biology and tells it to go to hell, puts it in emergency panic mode. You punish your body into losing weight until it just gives up and you shed pounds faster than you can believe.

But you have to be diligent. If you break your carb limit in a day you sabotage everything you've been doing for at least three days. If you cheat at keto, you don't just slow it down, you render it worse than doing nothing.

Little to no carbs whatsoever. Avoid bread entirely. Water only. No snacking at all. Eat grilled chicken.

I cringe when someone says that they want to lose weight fast. That typically coinsides with a fast re-gain after the quick weight loss. :( The turtle slow method of losing weight has typically proven to be the best way to go. The trick is to make healthy habits and KEEP those habits. You have to figure out where you struggle and where you are strong and keep re-evaluating what works and what doesn't. For example, I struggle with snacking in the evening after dinner. So, I have to really concentrate on that issue and keep from wandering into the kitchen at night. On the other hand, fasting comes realitively easy for me, so I implement that tool a few times per week and I don't even have to think about it. Sipping green tea in the evening helps to quell that snacking need in the evening.

I don't diet. I fast two to three days during the week. It's usually more of a "I'm too busy to eat" kind of thing, but it's also intentional as well. I really don't stress if I don't eat for a day, which is not something most people I know ever do. We weren't meant to be constantly fed with constant snacks and meals. I really don't do it for weight loss, but more of a cleansing type of thing. I also have more energy when I fast, which comes in handy. That said, I'm fit and healthy, but I could stand to lose 10 pounds.

Keto works, but it is tough to stick with. You still can lose weight just by going low carb, but you really have to watch the carbs closely. I used a food tracker the last time I went really low carb and it worked for me, but that's not something I would ever do long term. Still, while we practiced keto, we elimiinated milk and bread from our diets and (with rare exceptions) we haven't bought milk or bread in over a year. I also discovered some keto recipes that we still use even though we aren't as strict with our eats as we used to be. Moderation works best for me. I don't exclude anything from my diet, but I don't over indulge often either. Having a protein with veges for meals and making meals at home usually works best for us.

I cringe when someone says that they want to lose weight fast. That typically coinsides with a fast re-gain after the quick weight loss. :( The turtle slow method of losing weight has typically proven to be the best way to go. The trick is to make healthy habits and KEEP those habits. You have to figure out where you struggle and where you are strong and keep re-evaluating what works and what doesn't. For example, I struggle with snacking in the evening after dinner. So, I have to really concentrate on that issue and keep from wandering into the kitchen at night. On the other hand, fasting comes realitively easy for me, so I implement that tool a few times per week and I don't even have to think about it. Sipping green tea in the evening helps to quell that snacking need in the evening.

I don't diet. I fast two to three days during the week. It's usually more of a "I'm too busy to eat" kind of thing, but it's also intentional as well. I really don't stress if I don't eat for a day, which is not something most people I know ever do. We weren't meant to be constantly fed with constant snacks and meals. I really don't do it for weight loss, but more of a cleansing type of thing. I also have more energy when I fast, which comes in handy. That said, I'm fit and healthy, but I could stand to lose 10 pounds.

Keto works, but it is tough to stick with. You still can lose weight just by going low carb, but you really have to watch the carbs closely. I used a food tracker the last time I went really low carb and it worked for me, but that's not something I would ever do long term. Still, while we practiced keto, we elimiinated milk and bread from our diets and (with rare exceptions) we haven't bought milk or bread in over a year. I also discovered some keto recipes that we still use even though we aren't as strict with our eats as we used to be. Moderation works best for me. I don't exclude anything from my diet, but I don't over indulge often either. Having a protein with veges for meals and making meals at home usually works best for us.
That's why I was concerned with Magus missing. Hope all is ok after our diet advice😯

I agree with Angie. I did lose weight fairly quickly- 9 months to lose 80 pounds back in 2018- and maintained until March of this year. Maintaining was a nightmare, though!

Since March, I have been on CAD. Stands for Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Not so much a diet as way of eating. Small low or no carb breakfast and lunch(eaten within 15 minutes), then whatever I want for dinner (eaten within an hour). It is about blood sugar spikes. No snacking at all, but it's a good trade off for me. I have been able to do this since March with little trouble or cravings. I have lost another another 23 pounds so far easily. (Slowly, but easily).11 pounds to go and I think maintaining this way of eating will be easy!

I can't give advice. More like an AA member- just share what works for me.

The good thing about fast weight loss, is that it encourages you.

When you've been hungry and cranky for a month and have lost a couple of pounds out of the 50 or 100 you want to lose, its really easy to say, screw it, and ditch your diet.

When its been a week, and your down 10lbs....it really encourages you to keep it up.

Back