Lost Walking Dead scene

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

From back when the show was great (IMO). Last season was just okay, but this season has been v-e-r-y hard to watch.

I have not seen season 10 yet. Someone gifted me Season 9 on DVD which I have yet to watch.
Finally got off my behind and bought a new DVD player and hooked it up to my TV.

I think part of the problem the reason the series went downhill is anti ageism and anti patriarchy thinking that started after season 3 or so...
In season 1 and 2 it was always the adult males in general and the two alpha males in particular that made decisions and did the lions share of the fighting and leading.

Which makes perfect sense with an evolutionary adaption for males to do violence because females are more vulnerable on many levels.
I understand the first 2 seasons had human behaviorists as consultants.
But they went away and so by season 6 half of all the violence heroes were girls and some of them 14.. .. And ordering around grown men on occasion who could tackle them without any effort and had more experience at both life and violence..

Based on no authority other than obnoxiously raising their voice and expecting obedience.
This does not work in the real world.

That and the show lacked realism in survival techniques and gun handling. I know a lot of people who were put off by the lack of technical expertise on set. Personally I think they show would have been better if they made Rick more focused and less emotional. I always like Shane more anyway, because he seemed to know what needed to be done to survive.

That and the show lacked realism in survival techniques and gun handling. I know a lot of people who were put off by the lack of technical expertise on set. Personally I think they show would have been better if they made Rick more focused and less emotional. I always like Shane more anyway, because he seemed to know what needed to be done to survive.

Shane was my favorite character until the writers made him go overboard homocidal (and I am not counting the incident fleeing from the hospital that could still be explained away with needs of the many vs the few).
More than once Shane spent a lot of his time fixing problems created by Ricks bad decisions.

And yes the gun handling was atrocious.. in stark contrast to the IPSC competitor level shooting exhibited invariably by nearly all shooters in the show.
If I see Rick shooting his .357 Magnum one handed, bad stance and hitting head shots on moving targets every time.. well....
The shooting was kinda how laymen imagine "shooters".. this is also how run of the mill criminals seem to handle handguns.. standing straight, holding by one hand all the way out

Latest posts

Back