Love Them Donks,Tiny Tim Loving moments.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
He wants to cuddle and pillow fight.
My donk would wrap around me and just hew and haw ,put her head on my chest and cry. She was a lot bigger than Tiny Tim though.

Tiny goes night night.

Last edited:
Oh this so makes me miss my donks. . . My very first farm critter was a donk named Sweetie then I got her a friend Jack. Both loved their inner ears stroked then their lower lip would drop and quiver. . . it felt so good for them. Sweetie would wrap her head around me to give me a hug. Sweetie was Mediterranean and Jack had the cross. American. One day hunny decided to sell them. Broke my heart but they did go to a man who bought them for his grandkids. They were very gentle. In fact we would give rides to the neighbor kids.

I got my first donkey ' Katie ' in 1959. Mama bought 3 from Sears and Roebuck Catalog. Came in on train from Mexico.
She was very smart and knew exactly which 2 trees to run through to peel me off her back. And she could really give me a bucking ride. Many times I'd end up wrapped around her neck upside down. Then she mellowed out and was a good ride.
I liked to go out a night and lay down with her using her neck fro my pillow.
My last Donkey was Rosie who we had to give away in 2002.

My Rosie and our Tobacco. She was a standard solid black but sun lightened her coat. Taken in Georgia in 1994, had to give them away in 2003 [ so we had right to make sure they were treated well] although offered 3500 for horse and 600 for jenny.

w0UNh5k.jpg

Do you know why most Donkeys have a cross on their backs?

It was a donkey colt that Jesus rode when he made his triumphal entrance into Jerusalem, prior to his crucifixion - the first Palm Sunday.

The legend is that ever since that momentous occasion, that donkeys have carried his symbol - the cross - as it was once a donkey who carried the Christ himself.

cross-1.jpg

Most people I know that have donkeys say they are nothing more than little asses.
I like the dark brown donkeys, or are they burros? There used to be this kind I'd see when I was very young (so you know it was long ago) and I don't see that kind anymore. Very round nose. So presh.

Most people I know that have donkeys say they are nothing more than little asses.
I like the dark brown donkeys, or are they burros? There used to be this kind I'd see when I was very young (so you know it was long ago) and I don't see that kind anymore. Very round nose. So presh.

Ass is the correct term for donkey and burro. It comes from the scientific name Equus Asinus.

I think a burro is just a donkey name in spanish,not sure though.
The one in picture wit hour horse was Sicilian donkey people said she looked different than other donks and it was because the man only raised donks from Sicily.. My first was from Mexico.

My friend's neighbor's donk had a love for my friend and would raise a ruckus when I would stop by. Territorial and possessive.

Thats what makes them such good guard donkeys. Rosie had the run of the place and we had to put her up if a visitor came. Once a man drove in without calling and she kicked the crap out of his Catallac quarter panel.
She is happy now guarding cows last we heard. Everytime we go pass the road shes on I think of her but stopped visiting a few years ago.

View attachment 51201
Jimmy....he loves nose kisses...

A spotted so cute.I love to kiss donks noses too. I love to lay out at night wwith them and rest my head on their necks and look up at the stars. My Rosie would get upset all excited and just lay her head on my chest and just cry. If she was mad she would hide behind a tree then peep out and watch me call her, while her whole body was not hid behind the tree of course,lol.

Latest posts

Back