Loving Things That Are Bad For You.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I listen to this man a few decades ago he is a good speaker. I haven't listened to this one yet though but thought I'd put it up.
I'm addicted to bad news, and hanging on to things that should be let go.
Things I have no power over but they do have power over me. The power to ruin my day or worse.

LOL, we may be selling a couple of ours. Don't have many but don't need but a couple anyway. Same for guitars hubby may sell those too. Nobody around to play music with. Or not the kind of music he likes anyway.

Give me a heads up prior to selling. I may be interested. Send me a PM if so inclined. The addiction is strong and constantly draining my discretionary funds. Stopped smoking just so I could buy more ammo.

Chocolate covered creme filled donuts from a donut shop from my home town. People stand in line for these donuts. And I'm talking out the door and down the alley. Thats how good these donuts are lol

I seem to be addicted to living each moment.
It is a true addiction because it never seems enough to satisfy me and I am pretty sure that living is terminal.

Dunkin' Donuts (it's worth the trip!)

Strawberry Cheesecake with real whipped cream.
Pumpkin Cheese cake with real whipped cream.
Real Peach Ice Cream (yeah, yeah, yeah.)

Used to be, until they stopped selling strawberry jelly doughnuts. They still have munchkins but without the jelly doughnut......

Last edited:
Carbs! Any carbs! Yes, I feel better without them. What's your point?

I hear ya. Have been keto since last August, coming up on a year now. And it was pretty dramatic at first. But now that I've been at it for a while, not so much. The sweets I've learned to replace with (nearly) sugar free and keto friendly stuff. Mostly, I bake/make my own, and it's pretty good stuff.

I do cheat a little. For instance, there is a short row of potatoes in the garden. Potatoes are kind of a no-no on keto... but I will allow myself one or two golf ball sized potatoes in the pot of green beans. And they are seriously good, almost buttery. Nope, not gonna start eating them regular, but as an occasional add in, I'm not gonna say no. There are some sweet potatoes in the garden, too, none ready yet, but I kinda plan on using them about the same way, a little here and there, not much, but enjoyed as an occasional treat. A few beans and peas, kinda the same. Some of my meals may lean towards paleo. I don't care. I'm still doing my best to eat healthy and the weight is still slowly going in the right direction. I have about 25 pounds or so to lose yet. (Have lost about 65, pushing towards 70.) Am also working outside a lot with mowing, gardening, that kind of stuff so am not really pushing the weight part of it, just letting it happen.

FWIW, I'm planning to make some keto friendly ice cream in a little bit and put some chicken breasts in the sous vide thingy that we'll sear off on the grill with a touch of BBQ sauce for supper. What can I say, we eat well... very few carbs required. Yes, we'll have some. Not a lot. :)

Firearms and all their wonderful accessories.

I do have a plinking rifle, just an old bolt action .22, nothing special. But I don't have anything else. I've been kinda thinking that I really should have something else. I don't often worry much about people. I know most of of the neighbors, the few that there are, and am not all that worried about them. But we have some animals around from time to time that I would like to be able to defend against should it be necessary. Even had a bear in the yard the other day but he did no damage at all, just passed through. Dunno, maybe a shotgun with a variety of shells, all the way from salt load to slug. Whatcha think? Any advice?

Oh, I would love to have a handgun that would ride around with me on the place. I'm thinking mostly for purposes of dispatching something like a snake should I suddenly come upon a rattler or a copperhead that needs to be gone, or even a dog that may be acting funny. There are coyotes around, I hear them regularly.

I do have a plinking rifle, just an old bolt action .22, nothing special. But I don't have anything else. I've been kinda thinking that I really should have something else. I don't often worry much about people. I know most of of the neighbors, the few that there are, and am not all that worried about them. But we have some animals around from time to time that I would like to be able to defend against should it be necessary. Even had a bear in the yard the other day but he did no damage at all, just passed through. Dunno, maybe a shotgun with a variety of shells, all the way from salt load to slug. Whatcha think? Any advice?

Oh, I would love to have a handgun that would ride around with me on the place. I'm thinking mostly for purposes of dispatching something like a snake should I suddenly come upon a rattler or a copperhead that needs to be gone, or even a dog that may be acting funny. There are coyotes around, I hear them regularly.

For a limited firearm selection. If you live in or near deep forest or heavy brush land, I would go with these: 12 ga. shotgun (you can get the assorted shell types -- skip the rock salt --- you don't shoot to scare off critters). Lever action rifle, in a pistol caliber (I prefer 357, to match my revolver choice). Revolver 357 (hollow points to snake loads for those rattlers). The shotgun can use slugs for the really big or dangerous game. The 357 will handle the dogs, coyotes, pigs or other medium sized game (with correct shot placement). If you live in the wide open spaces, then I would drop the lever action rifles and switch to a better long range rifle caliber. keep the shotgun and the revolver. A couple of different calibers of ammo to store is not that big a deal but the range /type of shooting does make a difference. Just my 2 cents.

Give me a heads up prior to selling. I may be interested. Send me a PM if so inclined. The addiction is strong and constantly draining my discretionary funds. Stopped smoking just so I could buy more ammo.

He is keeping them so guess I spoke out of hand. :D

I do have a plinking rifle... I've been kinda thinking that I really should have something else.... Whatcha think? Any advice?...Oh, I would love to have a handgun that would ride around with me on the place..

Perhaps a Hi-point Carbine 995TS in 9mm and a Hi-point 916 also in 9mm? Reliable and very budget friendly. I've got the Carbine and I'm rather impressed, goes bang and shoots straight!

Higher on the budget: Kel-tec Sub-2000 and with either a S&W M&P or Glock. Chose the right handgun models and the magazines would be interchangeable with the rifle. Rifle would double as a easy to carry/hide BOB or GHB. This is the setup I have in 40 S&W caliber and a S&W M&P.

Then the rifle calibers, shotgun and full size handguns....

Last edited:
Took this up last year...occasional relaxing moment on the front porch.
pipe-smoking-tobacco.jpg

I do like a nice pipe during the 3 seasons it's possible here :) Being Cincinnati, sometimes a day during the winter is not out of the question either :) Monday will be around 60, and I have some trout stream and a pipe ready, just in case :)

Latest posts

Back