Macaroni ham salad

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ranch and mayo...let me know if there are any substitutes for those two ingredients.
Sounds yummy anyway.
I'm ok with mayo in tuna sometimes, but not much else. When making tuna salad I started using lime or lemon juice as a substitute for mayo, with olive oil and mustard, add chopped cucumbers, celery or onion, avocado, and lots of dill or basil.
Also makes for a refreshing cool lunch.
I can't imagine lemon and lime with a ham salad. Maybe pineapple juice! And ground cloves, mustard, celery...

Ranch and mayo...let me know if there are any substitutes for those two ingredients.
Sounds yummy anyway.
I'm ok with mayo in tuna sometimes, but not much else. When making tuna salad I started using lime or lemon juice as a substitute for mayo, with olive oil and mustard, add chopped cucumbers, celery or onion, avocado, and lots of dill or basil.
I can't imagine lemon and lime with a ham salad. Maybe pineapple juice! And ground cloves, mustard, celery...

Wife is the same way with Mayo and hates everything about Ranch.
You can make/use a vinaigrette of use Italian dressing as a substitute.

Creamy italian dressing, I use that in a lot of salads.
Sounds yummy anyway.

A few years ago I had Hawaiian macaroni salad. Evidently there are a few recipes out there, but it is a thing that can be found in some delicatessens. Cousin makes hers with chicken from a roasted chicken she bought at the store.

I make macaroni salad and it varies with what I add. I add red onions to many of my cold summer salads. I also add chopped hard boiled eggs, celery, frozen peas, black olives, green olives, and other things. Sometimes it might be chopped up pickles, cucumbers, shredded carrots, frozen corn, beans (kidney, garbanzos, black beans), chicken, shrimp, and or tuna. Macaroni salad has a lot of potential for what can be added. If we want or need to make it go further, we just have to go to the pantry and find what would work to add. If there are things we don't like, we don't have to add them.

I make a dressing with a good (Hellman's) mayo, mustard, cider vinegar, a little sugar, salt, pepper, dill seed. You can also make it spicy by adding hot sauce or red pepper.

A few years ago I had Hawaiian macaroni salad. Evidently there are a few recipes out there, but it is a thing that can be found in some delicatessens. Cousin makes hers with chicken from a roasted chicken she bought at the store.

I make macaroni salad and it varies with what I add. I add red onions to many of my cold summer salads. I also add chopped hard boiled eggs, celery, frozen peas, black olives, green olives, and other things. Sometimes it might be chopped up pickles, cucumbers, shredded carrots, frozen corn, beans (kidney, garbanzos, black beans), chicken, shrimp, and or tuna. Macaroni salad has a lot of potential for what can be added. If we want or need to make it go further, we just have to go to the pantry and find what would work to add. If there are things we don't like, we don't have to add them.

I make a dressing with a good (Hellman's) mayo, mustard, cider vinegar, a little sugar, salt, pepper, dill seed. You can also make it spicy by adding hot sauce or red pepper.
It's fun "making up" salads! Anything goes!

I make a dressing with a good (Hellman's) mayo,
Ohhh NOOOO, is this the start of the Mayo wars of 2021? :brewing:

Facebook labels my post FALSE, lacking Context. :)

1627586393366.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back