Made a friend and an enemy

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
Last week was spring break and the kiddies were home for a week.
I woke up Monday morning and looked on face book, my church has an ongoing prayer thread that I looked at. I saw a plea from a single mom that she needed a babysitter for the week or she would have to stay home and lose her job. So I messaged her. How old are the kids? How many?
She said 2. Ages 9 and 11
So I said I would watch them at her house for that week
Well I did, the by is 11. H e completely ignored me, never said a word for the week, my enemy
The 9 year old is a girl that did not stop talking the entire time and we became pals. I renamed her “chicka”
Every where I went she followed
I will not get into a lot of details but I will say that CPS did stop by and the nice lady demanded to be let in the home
Only to be asked if she had a warrant. Then she asked my name
It is. “The Babysitter”
She left in a huff. Lol.
Interesting week and something I will never do again
7CED1874-3E0C-498E-8653-43E07BEFA043.jpeg

That is so interesting. You have to wonder who called CPS. The boy?
Think this had anything todo with it?
Their is a lot I am not telling…a lot
Chicka told me everything, she did not hold anything back and it is very sad
Drugs, violence, police, abuse, prison
F83EF91C-274E-4F4A-9C9A-012D64A29785.jpeg

Last edited:
That was very kind of you even if you did make an enemy and a fan.
It was my preachers fault
He said just to talk the talk is not enough
You need to also walk the walk
So I tried my best to walk the walk but found myself mostly stumbling

Think this had anything todo with it?
Their is a lot I am not telling…a lot
Chicka told me everything, she did not hold anything back and it is very sad
Drugs, violence, police, abuse, prison
View attachment 105752
better not to get involved, too many problems, could back fire onto the babysitter.

There is a similar problem in my neighborhood. It's especially hard on the children. But sometimes it's better to extend compassion from a safe distance?

Some of the very best people emerge from the most rotten parents. And interesting case study: some of the rotten kids came from Super parents?

Your work was honorable, but what if CPS had corroborated evidence that those kids were being abused, and now they are in danger as a result of not speaking to them? I don't know. Maybe my thought process is different because of my cop days, and the amount of investigations I handled as a result of drugs, child abuse, child neglect, etc. I guess my biggest fear would be if the mom chose to just dump the kids on you while she went off on a drug binge? I guess I always assume the worst, because of my work history?

Your work was honorable, but what if CPS had corroborated evidence that those kids were being abused, and now they are in danger as a result of not speaking to them? I don't know. Maybe my thought process is different because of my cop days, and the amount of investigations I handled as a result of drugs, child abuse, child neglect, etc. I guess my biggest fear would be if the mom chose to just dump the kids on you while she went off on a drug binge? I guess I always assume the worst, because of my work history?
The kids spoke to cps. On the porch
I did not deny the lady that, I only denied her entry into a house that was not mine to give permission too
Your job had to be a hard job seeing wat I saw on the regular

Latest posts

Back