Made this for my buddy

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluetick21

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
My buddy said he couldn’t find a holster he liked for his revolver so I told him to let me try to make one to fit He loved it now I’ve gotta make him a matching sheath for his buck knife
DAEAAAAB-09E6-401A-9DB4-A69F146F05F7.jpeg

I agree you do nice work,we have another member here who works with leather,Frodo he dose nice work too.
Bluetick,we had a blue tick dog when I was a kid. My aunt flew her in from Hawaii ,she was from Fugi Island ,so we named her zFugi. She was a great dog.

I’ll have to look him up maybe I could learn a thing or two! I’ve had blues ticks for several years now great dogs I couldn’t imagine not having one now
I'm a newbie to leather - have a pair of moccasins in "mock up" stage for Hubby. I made him a pair of thin leather that he's worn out. He wants his new ones before hunting season. I just got a cobbler machine last month. Frodo's only been on here once since then - he's busy. I get it, but dang the timing 🤪 I've watched a few videos, haven't made any holsters, but I'm anxious to dig in.

I was the beneficiary of one of Frodo's holsters, and I was very pleased. Bluetick, it looks like one of the pictures is a left handed holster. Is that correct? If so, send me a PM. I may be interested in others.

I’d like to see them once you’re done! I ain’t done any moccasins yet but want to try soon. Just made this last night for a guy up in West Virginia View attachment 66842
So do you have a riveter or do you use the little smasher things (I don't know the real names of all the equipment - yet.) If so, would love to see it. I just found an antique riveter via CL so curious.

So do you have a riveter or do you use the little smasher things (I don't know the real names of all the equipment - yet.) If so, would love to see it. I just found an antique riveter via CL so curious.
Mine are just the smasher type like you said. I’m slowly adding to my tools tho next one the list is a sewing machine for leather the hand stitching takes a lil time

Nice work @Bluetick21, I am curious as to the order of your assembly, the belt clips are hidden from the outside, so I am assuming there are backing plates between the layers of leather. Do you have a mold to pre-shape the holster or do you do some sort of wet forming process? It is very interesting, but clearly there is a lot of planning hidden in the art of the final result.

Nice work @Bluetick21, I am curious as to the order of your assembly, the belt clips are hidden from the outside, so I am assuming there are backing plates between the layers of leather. Do you have a mold to pre-shape the holster or do you do some sort of wet forming process? It is very interesting, but clearly there is a lot of planning hidden in the art of the final result.
The front piece was wet formed to the gun its self. I wrapped the gun in Saran Wrap just to keep water off of it. The back piece I rivited the clips to it before glueing and stitching. After the stitching is done I dyed the leather to the color you see add some leather sheen and after a lil buffing it has a nice glossy look to it I’m still learning the trade but every time I make something rather it be a holster or sheath I learn something new

Another holster made for a member of the forum. I wish I had gotten a picture of the finished product but I forgot to snap a picture before sending it out View attachment 67969it was still a lil rough around the edges in this picture
I like that color of leather. It's subtle and won't stand out.

After making one similar for a member on here my wife loved it and I had to make one for her berettaView attachment 69512View attachment 69512
So to get it to bend/form like down around the trigger guard, do you wet it? I like that design - super practical and usable.
PS - to win you kuddo points you need to put a special mark on pieces you make for her - 😊

Back