MagBlackhawk in the building... Again

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagBlackhawk

Rebel WITH A Cause
Neighbor
MagBlackhawk said:
Hello old friends and new acquaintances.
VThillman invited me over to this forum. Thanks VT!

I'm a fan of single action revolvers, lever action rifles and most any firearm that works like it should.
Strange as it may sound I don't even own a L/A rifle at this time but I love them just the same.

I have it on good authority that a guy that looks just like ol' gumpy will be bringing me a stainless Blackhawk for Christmas.

Glad to be here and looking forward to making more cyber friends.

MagBlackhawk (AKA MagnumBlackhawk)
Todays introduction...

Hello folks.
Looks like the Talk Firearms forum merged with this forum so I'm kinda doing a re-do of my intro from when I joined the TF forum.
Nothing has changed much from what you see above except my age... Nuff said about that.
Some people from the old R/T forum might remember I had to stop shooting, and sell, my Super Blackhawk 44 Mag due to tendon problems in my arms.
(Bar fighting and 44 magnum shooting are about the only things I had to stop, so it's all good) Kidding about bar fights, sorta... Lol
Anyway...
As mentioned above I did get a stainless Blackhawk for Christmas. A 357 / 9mm convertible Flat Top. Some Very light trigger polishing along with a lighter trigger return spring made it a real sweat shooter.
To my surprise that thing is VERY accurate in 9mm with the right load. Didn't expect that. 😊
Pics below... Revolver then 9mm 50 yd six shot group target, off bench. (Fed 9mm 124 gr HST Std. pressure).
BTW. I see this forum has rules... Rules are good. 👍

DSCN2677.JPG

DSCN2758.JPG

Glad to be here and glad to see this forum is doing well.
Mag

Last edited:
Gulf Coast Area near Houston-ish

Mag

Where my son and his family live when he is not traveling.He is home maybe 2 weekends a month. He's been a Texan for about 30 years now since he met his wife. I have 4 grandkids in Houston area all grown with 9 great grandkids between them.
I haven't shot a gun in at least 10 yr.s,since we stopped going to gun club. My wrist are nto what the yuse to be so need a smaller weapon that 9mm high powered Browning copy 'FEG.

It's always good to see another Ruger owner, Welcome!
Aside from that one pulled round it looks like about 1-3/4" group. :) If I may suggest a load try the 124 grain bullets with 4.2 grains of Hodgdon Tite Group. I get some good groups with that load but mine are not fired from my Rugers. They get a steady diet of 357 Magnum.

It's always good to see another Ruger owner, Welcome!
Aside from that one pulled round it looks like about 1-3/4" group. :) If I may suggest a load try the 124 grain bullets with 4.2 grains of Hodgdon Tite Group. I get some good groups with that load but mine are not fired from my Rugers. They get a steady diet of 357 Magnum.

Hubby has a 357 RugerMagnium, I don't like shooting it.

Welcome aboard.
That's a nice looking pistol. I'm going to see if I can find one to hold in my hand.
.357, .38. and 9mm all in one package is interesting.
These days Ruger puts thin plastic grips on some models and thin wooden grips on others. This revolver had the thin wood grips that just do not fit the hand nearly as well as their grips from the good old days do.
I fixed that with the thicker aftermarket grips you see in the pic. They are more like the grips I've been using for the last few decades...
BTW. The flat top and the regular (non flat top) models have slightly different grip frames.

Mag

Welcome from S.W. Oregon. When we lived in Colorado I bought a number of Ruger single actions mostly in .45 LC and a few .44 mags, I really like them but since getting a Redhawk .44 mag I've left the single actions behind. What I liked best about the .45 LC was that I seldom paid over $125, those days are long gone. One of the best things about Ruger handguns was the quality and strength.

Hey you old ex RT cowboy, good memories from over there .

Good to see you again. I believe you will like it here , lots of topics to get involved with.

Good looking Ruger.

Welcome.

Jim
Yeah, good memories from the old RT back in the day.
Good to see you and some of the old gang again. :)

Mag.

Back