Making a Hand Cut Stone Roof, the Art of Slating #1

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkhound

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
this will be a series about slate roof by skillcult. steven edholm is one of the most in depth homesteaders on youtube and dives deep into various subjects and skills.i will post them up here as they come out.

Yep it is nearly fireproof but wind can be a problem if you are in an area that gets strong wind. A properly attached metal roof is resistant to fire, water and wind. Wind requires better attachment than anything else. In this case screws are better than nails.

this will be a series about slate roof by skillcult. steven edholm is one of the most in depth homesteaders on youtube and dives deep into various subjects and skills.i will post them up here as they come out.

I will be going back to his series on grafting when i get around to that project. I think I have seen everything he has posted. I have a couple of his grapes growing. His leeks didn't do well for me..
Ben

I will be going back to his series on grafting when i get around to that project. I think I have seen everything he has posted. I have a couple of his grapes growing. His leeks didn't do well for me..
Ben

same here grapes and red flesh apples. i have a decent tree started with BITE ME ! grafted on it in 4 places.that bronze beauty strain of lettuce he has is the best lettuce ever.

Reactions: Neb
What kinda hammer is he using?

Ben

I have a masonry hammer that is very similar. I use it for cleaning concrete off of used bricks.

Great threads that you keep adding, elkhound. They are about survival and skills and help us to learn about what it takes to live a life in different conditions.

It looks like it is a framing hammer with one of the tines cut off and the other slimmed and sharpened. I have a hammer head (found) that I could make one easily.

Latest posts

Back