Making Colloidal Silver

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have been making C Silver for years now. Always use 9 volts. We are looking to alternatives to the batteries. What do you use? There is so many suggestions on the internet, so I am looking for what works. TIA

Hi LilMiss, I don't kniw but bumping up your thread for those who may know.

How long do you leave the electrodes hooked up and how many times can you use the batteries.

We dont use the silver rods, I read where it is best to use an ounce of silver. So we have always done that. We use 6 - 9 volt batteries and we get 1 time good usage from them and a very very slow second time.

What kind of generator do you have Missy? I looked briefly last week for one and just don't know what would be accpetable.
She takes six 9 volt batteries and plugs them together 54V(mine says to use three 27V) put a jumper on each open terminal, and she uses an ounce of silver on each electrode. Don't let the alligator clips touch the solution, only the silver.

She takes six 9 volt batteries and plugs them together 54V(mine says to use three 27V) put a jumper on each open terminal, and she uses an ounce of silver on each electrode. Don't let the alligator clips touch the solution, only the silver.
Thats what I do now. I have seen where they are taking dc power supply and not using batteries at all. Wanted thoughts on this way.

A power supply should work according to what Caribou explained. Anything that put out the needed voltage would. Just be even more careful with it, water don't play well with power supplies. But using long lead to keep them seperate should do fine.
How did you hit on the 54V system? Some article I've read call for 27V. Maybe the higher voltage work faster?

Have everything set and then turn on your power supply. There are YT video's on how to clean the rust off steel. You can do the same thing except you're not trying to remove rust but transfer silver into the water. The trick is to know when you have the right amount of silver. A 12V trickle charger should do the trick. Something more powerful should do it faster. How big of a batch do you make at a time?

No idea at this point Caribou. I'm guessing maybe a quart at a time, maybe a pint. Already have a trickle charger that would work nicely. I guess the key would be being able to determine the ppm of the silver in the water.
More research to do it appears. Thanks for the info folks.

Latest posts

Back