• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Homesteading & Country Living and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Making Money on the Side

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do 3D drawings for people with small interior design/decorating projects. I haven't done the BIG one yet and I'm hoping to soon.

It's not something I've done very often but I am pushing for more projects right now. Actually going to put money into advertising on social media.

I have thought of doing other things. Like commission portraits or homemade decor, with clay or wood for instance. But those would require way more time than I can actually spend on them. Maybe every once in a while. Or I just have to make the time for it.
Not sure of your skill level or programing, but here finding someone who can do architectural drawings (details) is crazy. Finding someone who understands building anything is a challenge and then knowing who to put it on a computer is another thing - both those skills in one person is a jewel! You have great potential to be busier than you anticipate if this is your skill.

Not sure of your skill level or programing, but here finding someone who can do architectural drawings (details) is crazy. Finding someone who understands building anything is a challenge and then knowing who to put it on a computer is another thing - both those skills in one person is a jewel! You have great potential to be busier than you anticipate if this is your skill.

Man, I wish this was my skill if that's the case. What I do is mostly aesthetics, though. In fact that's all it is. I don't handle any of the technical architectural aspect of a project. Pretty much, I get plans and layouts handed to me, on occasion I have given design input (my latest project was that, actually), and my job is simply to help the client visualize the space.

I have thought about focusing more on the technical and structural aspects but I don't know about that.

If you garden, fruit & vegetables are a sure thing.
I have a friend who loves chickens & she sale eggs to pay for the feed.
I am looking into growing off liner plant to sale when they are in bloom, not sure this will work, but time will tell.

Vegetable plants would sell where I am, but a lady just set up not too far from us. I started waayyyy too many for this year, so have been giving alot away. We have two places to sell at...the Friday afternoon market in our town and also the fowl sale that is monthly, and they sell more than fowl. Plants, baked goods, eggs, equipment are ok, too.

I am a video editor by trade. Lately I help with consulting services for video/editing. A lot of people have started up youtube channels, etc. over the past year, but have no clue how to begin. I help them get things off the ground from a practical standpoint, then they take off running. Would be happy to barter my services for homesteading knowledge.

With many businesses hurting for low-wage workers, it might be possible to get at least a part-time job for cash/barter at some small businesses.

My brother in law is eighty, runs a garden market, with customers picking up at the farm. He has teenage Mormons working for him. I do not know if they get if they get coins or fruits or both.
Before he retired, he had a 100 Arce vinegar & he could not get locals to work for $7.50 when min wage was $5.50. His son went to Mexico & got people to fly in to pick grapes.
Locals white or of color, said it was to hot for field work at any price, but Mexicans worked all day with a lunch break.

Latest posts

Back