"MANNEQUINS" for security. Next project.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
So.......the "world class" ultra high Meat Pole project is in the homestretch. Going to push myself to start the "mannequin's for security" project. I have an abundance of clothes, for them, so they will not be "naked". I only have one USMC helmet, so most will have to fake'it with snowmachine helmets. And they are "not" getting issued rifles, again they will have to fake'it.

That sounds like a lot of scarecrows, Sourdough. Do they come with surprises?

No surprises.......but will be interesting if the Moose attack them.

You could arm them for a relatively small amount. A can of black paint for plastic would do several.

That is a good idea.......I was thinking of making some cut-outs of plywood rifles.........but with 1/2" CDX pushing $60.00 per sheet.

If a moose attacks them, I want to see photos
I think I want to see photos anyway.
Remember those nuke "towns" that were set up during the cold war? They had mannequins.

Actually "Mannequin's and fake military tanks and equipment has long been employed as a ploy in war.

So........I was just thinking of this project, and it "flashed" in my little brain that these guys will be buried and useless when there is (7) seven feet of snow on the ground. I had figured to mount them on stumps, but some of them may need to be mounted much higher. This is a new problem.

So........I was just thinking of this project, and it "flashed" in my little brain that these guys will be buried and useless when there is (7) seven feet of snow on the ground. I had figured to mount them on stumps, but some of them may need to be mounted much higher. This is a new problem.
Tree stands?

You could put some Tannerite in likely target areas of your mannequins. This would give you an audio alert, even if they used silencers.

You could put some Tannerite in likely target areas of your mannequins. This would give you an audio alert, even if they used silencers.

That is way-way-way beyond this project. These will be simple plywood cutouts clothed in old disposable coats and hats. If at any point someone is shooting at my scarecrows, I want to be 16 miles deeper back in the wilderness.

Where did you source the mannequins? Did you get the tops of those trees above the meat pole cut?

I am going to use 1/2" CDX plywood that is cut-out the shape of the upper half of a man, including the head. Put some old rotten 2X4" boards on the chest to give it some depth. Bulk that up with old rotten boots or trash bags, so it looks beefy. Then dress in old throw-away clothing, and old military M-65 jackets. Paint some old snow machine helmets "Army Green" and call it good'enough.

Somewhere in Southwestern North Dakota is a cop car set up with a mannequin holding a radar gun, or what looks like a radar gun. We have had such fun over that set up over the years. I should have photos of it somewhere.

I want to see photos as well of your set up.

Somewhere in Southwestern North Dakota is a cop car set up with a mannequin holding a radar gun, or what looks like a radar gun. We have had such fun over that set up over the years. I should have photos of it somewhere.

I want to see photos as well of your set up.

There was one of those in eastern North Dakota that I saw about 4 years ago that was pretty effective the last time I drove there heading up to the ALCAN.

Reactions: Neb
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back