Massive (Wo)Manhunt in Colorado

Discussion in 'News of the Day' started by Weedygarden, Apr 17, 2019.

Help Support Homesteading Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Apr 17, 2019 #1

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend Neighbor Contributor

It is all over the news. A woman who is infatuated with Columbine and the shooting flew into DIA on Monday from Florida. She flew into DIA, went to a shop and purchased a pump action shotgun, and went west to the Foothills, the west part of the metropolitan area. The FBI and other LEO's have been looking for her with no luck, yet.

Many schools were on lock down yesterday, but most districts in the Denver area are closed today. As of yet, the 18 year old has broken no laws. Parents are scrambling to find care for their children today so that they can go to work. Spring break is over for all school districts and a few may have Friday off for Good Friday.

Saturday is the 20th anniversary of the Columbine shooting and 4/20 (called 4 20) in Colorado, it is a big day for gathering in Civic Center Park in Denver (the center of the city, Broadway and Colfax) and getting high. Pot shops will sell almost everything they have in stock this weekend, and the lines will be around the blocks for many of the 350+ pot shops. The shops will also have lots of security as well.

It sounds like a good time to stay home.

The woman is 18 years old so I would think that would work against her and her endeavors to do harm.

2. Apr 17, 2019 #2

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke Neighbor Contributor

Amazing how one possible nut case can put fear into the unarmed sheeple so easily.

3. Apr 17, 2019 #3

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Yes, but I believe that there is probably information that is not being shared in the news. She has been in Colorado almost 2 days and they can't find her. And she is 0nly 18!

Someone said that NPR has a good story. Maybe. I haven't listened to it yet.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/16/jefferson-county-schools-lockout/

4. Apr 17, 2019 #4

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke Neighbor Contributor

Teachers should do what they did when they left for work that morning. Make sure there is one in the chamber and the magazine is seated. The on site "Resource Officer" is quickly backed up by screened volunteer armed veterans/parents. Any nuts approaching will be dealt with swiftly and severally.

Oh wait. The above isn't allowed.

Then lock the school doors and hope a nut doesn't bring a sledge hammer too.

5. Apr 17, 2019 #5

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

I haven't heard the whole story yet, but I have heard that the suspect is dead. She was tracked to the Echo Lake Campground. I have never camped at Echo Lake, but I have hiked there.

Terri9630, VenomJockey and Caribou like this.
  6. Apr 17, 2019 #6

GrannyG

GrannyG

GrannyG

7. Apr 17, 2019 #7

SheepDog

SheepDog

SheepDog

According to the story I saw, she was found dead, naked in the snow, with a single gunshot wound. It didn't say if it was from a shotgun or if there was a weapon found with the body.
    I still have a few questions I would like answers to....

snappy1, Terri9630 and Weedygarden like this.
  8. Apr 17, 2019 #8

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

From what I have heard several times, she shot herself with a shotgun. I always thought that was a little hard to do, but I am not going to try it to see. Several people today were questioning how an 18 year old flies in and buys a gun on the same day? Evidently she was not a felon and that cleared her on the spot. She lied to the man who sold her the gun and said she wanted to go hunting.

I'd guess that she shot herself after seeing the news stories, and realizing she was the target of a massive manhunt. I'd also bet that she has mental issues, yet to be disclosed, if they ever will be. I'd bet that some television channel will do an hour long show about this incident.

She purchased the gun from a gun shop that was about 2 miles from Columbine h.s. That may have been one of the things that set everything in motion with the FBI. I heard today that Columbine gets on average, 150 visitors who walk in each month, as though it is a tourist attraction.

Where she was camped was many miles from Columbine. Her ride (maybe Uber or Lyft) dropped her off in the Evergreen area and how she got from there to where she was found is still unclear. Again, it was several miles away.

snappy1 likes this.
  9. Apr 17, 2019 #9

SheepDog

SheepDog

SheepDog

You can kill yourself with a shotgun. I had a friend in highschool who did. Back when I was having two or three migraines a week there were a couple of times that I had the barrel of my 12 ga. in my mouth and my finger on the trigger. I never pulled the trigger - I figured that family members would blame themselves and somebody would have to clean up the mess. I couldn't do that to the people I loved and that loved me too. Now I know that the migraines were temporary and I no longer have them. Those were some very dark days...

Weedygarden, snappy1 and Terri9630 like this.