Meat Goat question

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain belly

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I have worked with a lot of Indians (India) and have been served goat meat at their houses on different occasions, and I have to say..... really really good flavor. Especially the steaks.
What would I look for in a goat if I were to buy one for butcher. Also.... what's a good price?
I'm now wondering why Americans are not eating goat like the rest of the world. Don't get me wrong... I'm still a beef man, but I sure do like me some goat!

I have worked with a lot of Indians (India) and have been served goat meat at their houses on different occasions, and I have to say..... really really good flavor. Especially the steaks.
What would I look for in a goat if I were to buy one for butcher. Also.... what's a good price?
I'm now wondering why Americans are not eating goat like the rest of the world. Don't get me wrong... I'm still a beef man, but I sure do like me some goat!
We raise goats for meat. You want a healthy animal that is fed good hay, not junk hay/weeds.

When I was stationed in Europe we ate goat meat regularly. Before that, we ate a lot of smoked goat that was then BBQed. Delicious!

Latest posts

Back