Medical Magnet Therapy

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
magnetic therapy---yeah, laugh if you want but the stuff works

these are not refrigerator magnets they are high strength medical magnets--high gauss rating and negative polarity.

i first started about 25yrs ago with some good magnetic insoles. i had a job that i was on my feet 24/7 it seemed and every night after work i had to soak my feet and pop tylenol. til a friend told me about magnetic insoles. i got a pair and damn---they worked. not more painful sore feet. i was impressed to say the least. then i started researching and found out like all things there is crap products and good products. lots of junk out there. you got to check the gauss # and polarity---negative worked best for me but ive used unipole too.

my favorite company is promagnet. they had the best quality i found. i could afford. ive tried other companies over the years but always go back to promagnet. ive also got some spot magnets, a 5x7 back pad i can use anywhere, , arm cuff for tendonitis, a wrist cuff for carpel tunnel, (solved in a couple days) , an eye mask with magnets for my eyes and found it also very helpful. i use things as needed.

it works for pain relief, reduce swelling, speed healing. id not want to get older without some of these items.

heres an example---silly but true.
i got some calcium bumps on a few knuckles that grow-----they start to hurt. at a point. i put one of the magnets on that spot in the pain is reduces quickly and in a few days the bump disappears.

ive got some arthritis in my left hand gets painful. i tried a hi magnetic bracelet --one of the strong ones not the little wussy ones---and no more pain. i can open and close my hand, i can hold my coffee mug-it has really helped. no. more. pain. for people with bad arthgrits you can buy magnet studded gloves---but always check the total gauss measurement.

lower back pain and i go to a chiro every 4-8 weeks as needed. in between when my lower back starts to hurt i slip the back pad on and wear it all day and wow---almost no pain. its like night and day.

feet--i wear the insoles in my shoes or slippers every day, makes a real difference. ive learned from my job years ago and will never be without these.

eyes---i have wet mac degeneration and cataracxts--at night i wear an eye mask at night studded with magnets and with a magnet over each eye. my eye pressure is reduced and there is less pain. when i forget the pressure in the eyeball increases. my eye doc was very pleased at my last checkup and told me top keep doing it cause if an eyeball pressure increases it can rupture more blood vessels and cause more blind spots. i dont need any more blind spots, my typing sucks enoug as it it is lol

brain--i got a friend with migraine problems , she out a 'skullcap' sort of cap insert studded with magnets she puts inside a ball cap and wears it every day---she is VERY happy with the relief she getssays its reduced her pain by at least 75%

i cut my thumb Very deep, i knew i should go get some stitches but none of my friends were around to take me to the clinic (i cant see to drive) so i cleaned it, sprinkled some cayenne on it to help stop bleeding (yes it works great, no its not fun but it doesnt hurt any more than the original cut) , slapped a bandage and a magnet on it--and yes it stopped the pain VERY well. i changed the bandage every day and put the magnet on it and it healed quickly, no more pain and no scar.

i have a variety of magnet strengths and sizes for different things---ive used them for years and know they work . but like anything else, you want to real stuff and not the cheap knockoffs that are weak and dont do much.

people can make fun but ive experimented for yeaqrs and know what they can do , id not want to face the future without some on hand .

try some spot magnets and experiment for yourself.

I use a copper wristband and a ring for any fingers or thumbs that might be aching. The copper doesn’t change my skin blue but it is also wrapped with brass. I bought it because it is supposed to be copper and brass and is said to help with arthritic type pains. Bursitis used to bother my fingers once a year, but since I’ve been wearing the wristband or ring I haven’t suffered from it.

I’ve heard of the magnets but never used them.

The magnetic therapy process has shown good results, but the mainstream will never be on board, how do they keep you addicted to pharma that way?
Copper seems to work well for joint pain, My Dad wore Bracelets that he made from 8 gauge copper electrical wire, they turned his wrists blue for about 2 weeks, he believed that the copper was transfering into his body at the time, after a while the wire got thin and broke, he didn't replace them until his joints started to ache again, turned blue again for a while, and as I recall he would wear that pair until about a week after the blue stopped , and then take them off for a while.

Is there a website where magnets are explained, how they work?

I've seen it long ago. More common where I grew up was copper wrist bands.

hi peanut,
rich beat me to it--thanks rich. hope they have the right items to help you. i

, i had a few books over the years but gave them away. if you go to promagnet.com and home page scroll down there are links to some studies and info,

here is one

https://www.promagnet.com/pages/understanding-magnetic-therapy

Last edited:
i have 2 of the stainless steel bracelets and never take them off, they have been a very good help for my aching hands

ive used the magnetic seat cushion for long drives and it was very helpful.

the 'power pad' cloth one is terrific. you can use it anywhere,arm, back, neck, etc. and wrist qwrap and ankle wrap

and a couple 'spot magnets' are good to have cause you can tape them on anywhere.

to me, promagnet is top quality but can be pricy so ive checked others out and as long as its made well and the same high gauss rating that is the key

Is there a website where magnets are explained, how they work?

I've seen it long ago. More common where I grew up was copper wrist bands.
Back in the 1950's my foster dad wore a copper bracelet made out of copper tubing that was flattened, his purpose was to stop arthritis, I have used focused magnets and they worked, they were extremely strong on the pole that was designed to control pain.

Last edited:
Back in the 1950's my foster dad wore a copper bracelet made out of copper tubing that was flattened, his purpose was to stop arteritis, I have used focused magnets and they worked, they were extremely strong on the pole that was designed to control pain.
I wonder where your foster dad learned about that?! So many natural remedies have been around forever! You can't help but wonder HOW someone figured out how to use things like copper, or certain plants!!

I'll 2nd what Jazzy said - I've been wearing magnetic bracelets for a couple of years, and they have definitely helped with my arthritis. Before them my hands would "freeze" a couple of times a day, and any mine motor work would be torture after 15-20 minutes. These are the ones I wear: www.amazon.com/Feraco-Titanium-Magnetic-Arthritis-Lightweight/dp/B08CMW4V2N/ - I've worn them 24x7 for a couple of years and other than some of the black finish coming off they are holding up great!

I'll 2nd what Jazzy said - I've been wearing magnetic bracelets for a couple of years, and they have definitely helped with my arthritis. Before them my hands would "freeze" a couple of times a day, and any mine motor work would be torture after 15-20 minutes. These are the ones I wear: www.amazon.com/Feraco-Titanium-Magnetic-Arthritis-Lightweight/dp/B08CMW4V2N/ - I've worn them 24x7 for a couple of years and other than some of the black finish coming off they are holding up great!
Thanks for info, checking them out!

that is almost exactly what i got. i think they work great and never take them off. im seriously considering similar for my ankles--i get that tendonitis on the tops of my feet and ankle area.i figure if they helped so well with my hands maybe it will help there too.

I wonder where your foster dad learned about that?! So many natural remedies have been around forever! You can't help but wonder HOW someone figured out how to use things like copper, or certain plants!!
He probably got the info from a fellow worker at the Bremerton Naval Shipyard, back in those days there was still a lot of knowledge around about folk remedies. My wife brought forward an excellent remedy for lung congestion, a poultice of hot dry mustard and whole raw egg, the egg works as a buffer to keep the mustard from burning your skin, every time I have used it, it's worked extremely well.

He probably got the info from a fellow worker at the Bremerton Naval Shipyard, back in those days there was still a lot of knowledge around about folk remedies. My wife brought forward an excellent remedy for lung congestion, a poultice of hot dry mustard and whole raw egg, the egg works as a buffer to keep the mustard from burning your skin, every time I have used it, it's worked extremely well.
Stiff like that is amazing, and works!! How does one figure those things out?? Like how do you decide "hey let's rub mustard and eggs on our chests and see if it gets rid of congestion"!? Such brilliance, but how??

Back