Medical prep's

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
How many here have thought of medical supplies other then a box of band-aids or one of those cheap kits? How about any type of medical training to go with your supplies?
Sam

We have several FAK. One in each vehicle, one in my boat, one in my shop, and the main one in the house. I also have one specifically for my range bag with extra supplies for gunshot wounds. Some are stocked better than others but they all have the basics plus extras.
About every 6 months I collect all the kits and sort through them looking for outdated and bad items.
As for training, I have taken many First Aid classes. I would really like a more comprehensive training but I mostly find basic courses and now with the China virus, even those are not available.
I have several first aid books on my computer. "Where there is no doctor" might be very handy to have in a TEOTWAWKI situation.

Attachments

• Where there is no doctor.pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 33
Sorta glad you brought this up. It's a good reminder to ramp up an area of Preparedness that I don't pay enough attention to. Back in the 80s I wanted to be a firefighter so I took a EMT course. Didn't take long to realize neither profession was for me.
Medical supplies get bumped on my list. Not exciting, but the smart thing to do. Thanks for making me rethink.

We have several FAK. One in each vehicle, one in my boat, one in my shop, and the main one in the house. I also have one specifically for my range bag with extra supplies for gunshot wounds. Some are stocked better than others but they all have the basics plus extras.
About every 6 months I collect all the kits and sort through them looking for outdated and bad items.
As for training, I have taken many First Aid classes. I would really like a more comprehensive training but I mostly find basic courses and now with the China virus, even those are not available.
I have several first aid books on my computer. "Where there is no doctor" might be very handy to have in a TEOTWAWKI situation.
good link thank you!

Some fish antibiotics are stolerable though and the main difference to the human ones is the standard used in production.

I took the EMT course back when it was first offered in our county and worked in the system. We were one of the first rural one's and was one of the pilot one's. People would come from all over the world to view us and all of our station's. I worked Station 11 which were noted for coronaries, gunshot's and vehicle accidents.
People prep for basically food/water and neglect medical.
In my kit is honey which can be used as a wound dressing to keep infections from starting as it closes off air and bacteria from the wound. The other is whiskey/brandy which is also medicinal as a sedative.
Sam

Latest posts

Back