Medicinal marijuana?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Any experts in here?
Legal experts?

Say a fellow has a hole in his stomach that is real sensitive to pretty much everything, is it better to smoke, make tea or edibles?
It's the only thing that helps sometimes.

Will Medicare cover medical marijuana?

If you have lung issues, asthma or COPD for example, don't smoke. One doctor told me to simmer it with a stick of butter, let it cool, then skim the solid butter off the top of the pot. Use that butter on toast or cook with it. THC is fat soluble.

It actually can help with breathing issues but not so much when smoked. I've been making canna butter capsules for a year or more now and they work well for me. Making them is a little more involved than stated. In general though I probably wouldn't be alive today without cannabis. I've been treating my M.S. with it for years in one form or another. It works way better than all the RX meds I've tried and that has been a lot more than a few.

The why is not the issue for me. The fact that it remains a controlled substance federally means that If I want to keep my CCL and the ability to buy guns I stay away from its use. Getting a prescription is a great way to get caught when buying a gun.

I cant do any kind of cannabis due to my employer having a lot of random testing, but sometimes I wish I could when I need a mild painkiller...
I wonder if you talked to your employer about it if you could get permission to test positive for it without it costing you your job?

CBD is fairly common in Colorado, and I know people who get it for their dogs. I understand that you have to be careful what your dog gets and doesn't get.

I find canna butter to be a great help, It is easy to make and highly effective for me, really dulls the pain, still leaves enough that i don't aggravate my injury, biggest advantage for me is it seem to have eliminated the long term phantom pain. and one reason for sack of crap Justin Castro's existence is the de criminalization of it.
And as the Magi said, it work so no wonder it is illegal

I find canna butter to be a great help, It is easy to make and highly effective for me, really dulls the pain, still leaves enough that i don't aggravate my injury, biggest advantage for me is it seem to have eliminated the long term phantom pain. and one reason for sack of crap Justin Castro's existence is the de criminalization of it.
And as the Magi said, it work so no wonder it is illegal
We have made progress in getting it legalized nationally. We just need a few states to get with it. South Dakotans approved it, but the governor wouldn't approve it. They do have legalized medical, just not recreational. I don't know what is going on in Canada.

https://disa.com/map-of-marijuana-legality-by-state

I wonder if you talked to your employer about it if you could get permission to test positive for it without it costing you your job?

CBD is fairly common in Colorado, and I know people who get it for their dogs. I understand that you have to be careful what your dog gets and doesn't get.
No, my profession is federally regulated and there's no way around it. THC is not permitted, period. We are tested and tested often.

The Marijuana drug test is for THC. I guess I assumed everyone knows there are at least two active chemicals. THC causes the high and euphoria. CBD is the pain killing and medicinal chemical. Medical grade CBD can have less than 1 % THC. Obviously you would want to talk with someone smarter than me but in theory you could use it and not fail a drug test. Some CBD is derived from hemp.
https://my.vanderbilt.edu/marijuanalaw/2018/09/is-cbd-legal-under-federal-law/

The Marijuana drug test is for THC. I guess I assumed everyone knows there are at least two active chemicals. THC causes the high and euphoria. CBD is the pain killing and medicinal chemical. Medical grade CBD can have less than 1 % THC. Obviously you would want to talk with someone smarter than me but in theory you could use it and not fail a drug test. Some CBD is derived from hemp.
https://my.vanderbilt.edu/marijuanalaw/2018/09/is-cbd-legal-under-federal-law/
We were told that even medical CBD will cause us to piss hot. We were also told that the jury was still out on the topical CBD you put on your skin, so to be safe avoid that too.

I've seen that before, and I've considered Kratom. There's a head shop about an hour from here that advertises it in their window but I've never bought any. I do know of a couple railroaders who use it as a painkiller and recreational stress reliever. I imagine the railroad will come up with a way to test for it eventually...

If its legal where you live, F**k them. the stuff here is guaranteed to not show as a narcotic.
I use some at times, but it bugs my stomach.

If its legal where you live, F**k them. the stuff here is guaranteed to not show as a narcotic.
I use some at times, but it bugs my stomach.
I agree, F them, but legal or illegal doesn't enter into it when it comes to the railroad. If they say you can be fired for it, you can be fired, and the court system has their backs.

I agree, F them, but legal or illegal doesn't enter into it when it comes to the railroad. If they say you can be fired for it, you can be fired, and the court system has their backs.
Yes. The "real" drug test checks for dozens of chemicals at minute levels.
Been to the dentist or doctor and they shot you with something to deaden pain to work a tooth or get stitches? You will fail for cocaine. Notice the ending of these words and see if you can figure out why:
Aside from its use as a dental anesthetic, procaine (novacaine) is used less frequently today, since more effective (and hypoallergenic) alternatives such as lidocaine (Xylocaine) exist. Like other local anesthetics (such as mepivacaine, and prilocaine),
Even consuming poppy seeds can cause you to fail the test:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/can-poppy-seeds-make-you-fail-a-drug-test
Here is all you need to fail the real test:
poppy-seed-roll-HERO-f8f2639f-9b27-4967-aca7-b37b5a007dd5-0-472x310.jpg

There are many, many, other ridiculous things too.
Glad I don't have to dance to that tune anymore, and God bless the people that do. :(

Last edited:
Sounds like the Soviet union.

Latest posts

Back