Meet The Nomad Prepping For Doomsday With Sheep

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkhound

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
8-9-23

Aaron Fletcher has been preparing for America to collapse for 15 years. He lives in a homemade cart pulled by sheep and drinks their milk. Aaron does chores around farms, where he lives in exchange for a safe place to stay. He says that homeless people in cities would be better off in the countryside like him. See how a nomadic shepherd believes everyone will have to live in a post-apocalyptic world.

8-9-23

Aaron Fletcher has been preparing for America to collapse for 15 years. He lives in a homemade cart pulled by sheep and drinks their milk. Aaron does chores around farms, where he lives in exchange for a safe place to stay. He says that homeless people in cities would be better off in the countryside like him. See how a nomadic shepherd believes everyone will have to live in a post-apocalyptic world.

Very interesting, but gross on his 'cleaning', not sure where to go with it!! Overall, 'like'!!

I don't know if I'd call him a prepper, he's kind of just living differently. Homeless nomad type. He is still needing community to function, for work and food. Wondering about the wet weather in Oregon, and the winter cold. Sheep don't do well wet and cold. Does he bring them in his camper thingy?

It's a poor measure of health that you fit in with dysfunctional society?

That's what homesteading is all about? Abandoning the rat race for a better and simpler word. Our world. Of our own making?

this came out today...8-19-23...ol joe hollis is a legend in plant knowledge. its real sad they had the fire last year i think it was and burnt down one of the main buildings and years and years of knowledge gathered and rare plant items...anyway i post this here.

video description...

Deep in the woods of North Carolina is a man name Joe Hollis who's lived of the grid for 50 years. Here he's mastered the techniques of a life tuned to nature, dependent on his natural environment for survival. He also has the largest collection of native Appalachian and Chinese medicinal herbs in the Eastern US. Join me on this most epic look into a lifestyle that is becoming more attractive to many in this rapidly developing world. This is part of our greater Appalachia series:

8-9-23

So interesting! Just saw a reel about him on Instagram the other day. He's an inspiration, honestly IMO.

8-9-23

Not what I would define as a prepper and I'm not pleased to be painted with the same brush.

8-9-23

Good for him finding his calling. But please do not invite homeless to my country side! Not all are bad but not all are good!

The fella I've been learning plant medicine from, darryl patton, wrote a book about 'The Goat Man' in 1994. Has talked about him several times to me. Charles Mccartney, I think he died a few years after darryl's book.

A hard copy of the book is about $60, no longer in print..

Ches mccartney.jpg

Just going on what I heard, some homeboys caught him camping and beat the crap out of him and shot several of his goats, he retired after that.

Latest posts

Back