MERRY CHRISTMAS 2021

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am just Krazy about Christmas 🎄
I know it's a little early , Christmas is coming Saturday, but Friday night is when Santa visits my family , and it's a great time.

I just want to say Merry Christmas to all of my friends here, and my entire HCL family.

Hope all of yall have a safe and joyful Christmas.

christmas-40.gif

Jim

I'm drinking coffee this morning on the forum then I'm off to get prepared for the big day. I still have a bit of decorating to do and more gifts to wrap and bag.:presents:

Then I have to get all my stuff together for the big turkey dinner. I like to get all my pans, untensils, and unrefrigerated foods ready to roll. It makes preparing that meal so much easier on Christmas Day. Then, gotta dust and vacuum and do some other housework. It's a lot of work, but it's so much fun to spend the day with family and Jesus.

I truly hope everyone on this forum has a blessed Christmas with friends and family in celebration of the birth of our Lord. Let's hope 2022 is blessed as well. I look forward to spending it with all of you, no matter how it turns out.:huggs:

My most memorable was a full Craftsman tool set when I was 13. I had been borrowing step dads tools for a couple years for this that and the other. After starting high school I decided I was taking auto mechanics in school and for a career later. So parents got me off to a good start. Still got most of the stuff to this day.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Memorable Christmas gifts? Cordless drill? Leaf blower? Cashmere scarf? For me, it is more about time with loved ones, or quiet time, relaxing and recovering from all the hoopla before Christmas in the years when there was so much going on. Honestly, I am not a Grinch, but, Christmas can be exhausting with all the prepping, shopping, cooking, baking, etc.

I got a leather jacket when I was 17. My parents had struggled through the farm crisis of the 80s and there weren't any expensive presents growing up then. By '89 when I was 17 things had improved and I really wanted that jacket, and they made it happen. I couldn't begin to fit in it now, but it's still in a closet waiting for me in their storage room...

Latest posts

Back