MERRY CHRISTMAS 2021

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aachen (Germany) Now this is a gingerbread cookie
1640284237837.png
Hope you're all having fun as we near Christmas.

My best Christmas present has to be divided into two Christmases. The first year I got one of those Gilbert chemistry sets in a metal case. I used it a lot and learned to keep records and how to list it all out so it was repeatable. The second year My dad made me a real cabinet for my expanding chemistry lab. I set it all up in the basement near the window for ventilation. Dad helped getting chemicals in pint and quart jars and it kept expanding. I still have a lot of the hardware, a few chemicals, some glassware and my scale carefully packed away in storage. I have my records in a 3 ring binder. The cabinet was lost many years ago but there isn't much that would fit in it anymore but I will always remember it.

Merry Christmas, everyone! And may 2022 be absolutely nothing like 2021 or 2020!

Just got back home> Had dinner with my parents, and sister's family. My niece and her new hubby just got back this morning from honeymoon in Hawaii. They were full of stories. We all had a great time.
Going to sis's tomorrow for lunch. Aunt and Uncle and maybe some others will be there. I miss Christmas day get together. Always met at the grand parents with all of mom's family for more food than should be allowed. Grandparents passed 20 years ago and we've continued getting together with Aunts and uncles and some cousins. But Cousins are drifting off, one has passed away. This year oldest uncle is in very poor health and his whole family is staying with him (as they should). It's just such a change from how it was years ago it just sad to me at such a happy time of year.

Just got back home> Had dinner with my parents, and sister's family. My niece and her new hubby just got back this morning from honeymoon in Hawaii. They were full of stories. We all had a great time.
Going to sis's tomorrow for lunch. Aunt and Uncle and maybe some others will be there. I miss Christmas day get together. Always met at the grand parents with all of mom's family for more food than should be allowed. Grandparents passed 20 years ago and we've continued getting together with Aunts and uncles and some cousins. But Cousins are drifting off, one has passed away. This year oldest uncle is in very poor health and his whole family is staying with him (as they should). It's just such a change from how it was years ago it just sad to me at such a happy time of year.
I know what you mean! Ever since we lost my mom (nearly 15yrs ago), the holidays just have not been the same!!

I think our elders felt the same way so figure it's our turn to fill that role for the youngin's.

Merry Christmas dear friends 🎄

Merry Christmas!

Back