MICHAEL

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yet, we will see empty shelved at grocery stores, runs on plywood, generators; no water to be found anywhere, and long lines at gas stations. Heck, my area has never had a hurricane but I have enough water to last 6 months, my generator is charged up, my cars have full tanks of gas, and I can build a second house with the extra wood I have stored.

It is called BE PREPARED!

It may get to my part of N. AL some. Look as if on Wednesday we are expecting rain all day due to Michael. I am concerned for my friends down near Pensacola and that general section of Fla, and then there is Orange beach if you are talking AL.

It may get to my part of N. AL some. Look as if on Wednesday we are expecting rain all day due to Michael. I am concerned for my friends down near Pensacola and that general section of Fla, and then there is Orange beach if you are talking AL.

I've got friends that are thinking of moving TO Pensacola or the Orange beach area. "For good scooba diving". They couldn't care less about hurricanes, or being prepared. I love em but......

I've got friends that are thinking of moving TO Pensacola or the Orange beach area. "For good scooba diving". They couldn't care less about hurricanes, or being prepared. I love em but......
If I only made friends with preppers I wouldn't have many friends. The good news is that when they move you will have fewer people knocking on you door with their hands out.

@Terri9630 Hopefully once they experience one hurricane, that may just get them into the prepping spirit and you can give them pointers.

As for everyone else in Michael's path, stay safe and don't wait to the last minute to buy any extras you may need.

@havasu you are like us. Those items you listed are necessary to have on hand especially during hurricane season.

If I only made friends with preppers I wouldn't have many friends. The good news is that when they move you will have fewer people knocking on you door with their hands out.

@Terri9630 Hopefully once they experience one hurricane, that may just get them into the prepping spirit and you can give them pointers.

As for everyone else in Michael's path, stay safe and don't wait to the last minute to buy any extras you may need.

@havasu you are like us. Those items you listed are necessary to have on hand especially during hurricane season.

Sadly I think your both wrong. They think prepping is just another name for hoarding. One grew up in NOLA and both helped family after the hurricane and complained about it the whole time. I don't think they will learn until they are truly hungry .

They say too many should have evacuated and didn't. Recent photos on Associated Press website tell the story.
I think preppers ordinarily wouldn't live in areas where flooding and hurricanes are big possibilities, with the geography. Unless they have to due to employment or military responsibilities.
No water. Food sources destroyed or contaminated. Shelter destroyed or uninhabitable. Electric down.
We'll rebuild, they'll say.
I hope Meerkat is able to post soon. She doesn't live on the coast but probably lost power.

I hope Meerkat is able to post soon. She doesn't live on the coast but probably lost power.

I think she lives in the Panhandle, where it hit the hardest. I know it will be a few days before anyone there can do much with technology. I have been thinking of her and hoping she and her husband didn't have too much damage.

Latest posts

Back