Microwaves From Ovens and Cordless Phones

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I have never owned a microwave oven in my life, all my fiends and family members do of course and have tried over the decades to give me one and laugh at us for not wanting them.
We do have a cordless phone which will be put away today.
I figure we do enough damage smoking so why add to it.
Also laptops ,phones and refridgerators in this video.

Anyway skip first 50 seconds if you want. This is only one person who shows the damage of MRs. Now we do need to cover up our modem which probably gives off as waves much as the oven .

OK I watched the video.
He is not measuring RF energy he is measuring magnetic field.
Big, big difference.
Also he is measuring in the milliGauss range which is nothing.
Earths magnetic pull is around .25 to .65 Gauss.
MRI scanners are in the 3 Gauss range with some of the more powerful machines at 5 Gauss.
My opinion is the guy is a quack and a scare monger and doesn't know what he's talking about.
Microwave ovens are sealed and do not leak radiation.
I have a meter and check ours and it reads 0 leakage.
I hate to say this but if you smoke RF radiation is the least of your worries.

OK I watched the video.
Big, big difference.
MRI scanners are in the 3 Gauss range with some of the more powerful machines at 5 Gauss.
My opinion is the guy is a quack and a scare monger and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Well this is controvesal and I appreciate your feedback and of course your also right about the smoking but like I said ' why take a chance of adding more to an already bad health risk.'
I did search for the opposite opinion of EMFs to put up here but couldn't find anything that said it was not bad for you but then again everybody likes negative it seems.:dunno:

Pretty hard to avoid radio waves because they are basically found everywhere.

Yes they are but are they as concentrated as they are now in our new age environment? Either way I've lived almost 7 decades a fairly healthy life without a microwave in spite of the little killer sticks, so why push it?:Thankyou::lil guy:

OK I watched the video.
Big, big difference.

Meerkat, I do agree that it is likely radio waves could be causing some health issues. But I also understand that it would be hard to prove one way or the other because we are constantly bombarded with radio waves every day. I don't think these radio waves are extremely dangerous, only that they could possibly be a contributing factor in some health issues.
I do not worry about them or try to avoid them at all even though I do suspect them.

I believe that the plastic that gets put into microwaves that is in contact with the food is a lot more relevant to our health than the microwaves themselves. Some nasty stuff comes off plastic and Styrofoam when heated like that.

We don't have cordless phones in the house. Our internet is mostly wired. And our cell phones tend to be not carried on our persons except when we're out away from the place. There are no local radio or tv stations.

So maybe we're doing better than some.??

I believe that the plastic that gets put into microwaves that is in contact with the food is a lot more relevant to our health than the microwaves themselves. Some nasty stuff comes off plastic and Styrofoam when heated like that.

We don't have cordless phones in the house. Our internet is mostly wired. And our cell phones tend to be not carried on our persons except when we're out away from the place. There are no local radio or tv stations.

So maybe we're doing better than some.??
Except satellites are sending radio waves down all the time and they impact everyone. There are thousands of satellites over you.
Planes overhead are transmitting.
With the correct receiver you could pick up many radio transmissions and some just carrier waves. Just because you cannot tune them in does not mean they are not there.
Whenever you leave your house and go to even the smallest town you get blasted with countless radio waves.
Your cell phones are transmitting fairly continuously. The cell tower that feeds your cell phones is transmitting.
There are likely repeater towers in your area that are transmitting.
Pretty hard to evade radio waves.

Yup, can't avoid it all.

Those satellite signals are pretty weak, though, plus the signals are directional, so not every satellite is pointed at everyone. Don't know about planes. I don't know where the cell tower is, it's not close, and we're lucky to get one, or maybe two bars of signal on a good day. About a mile down the road, it drops off completely, no signal. Don't know about repeaters. I'm not into the AARL thing even though I've been tempted to get involved. Some of the commercial microwave repeaters that are just passing the signal along are very directional and pointed towards the receiver of the next repeater in line.

It is interesting, and I kinda wish I had some little gadget that would tell me about the radio signals that surround us here, and especially interesting if we could compare that to other areas of the country.

Years ago, I interviewed for a job as a herdsman of a large dairy in Virginia. They had those very high voltage power lines going directly over the property where hundreds of cows lived. They had all kinds of problems with fertility and breeding. Hmmm. I didn't take the job. But I haven't forgotten about the difficulties those cows experienced. I never knew what kinds of things happened to the humans taking care of those cows but I have to think that if it affected the cows that dramatically, it had to have some effect on the humans, too.

Lighting can be tough. The good ol' incandescent light bulbs have been demonized to the point where they can actually be a little harder to find anymore. But we have quite a few of those in our house. Florescent lights have been enough of a pain that we don't have very many that still work. And LED lights, at least the cheap ones, tend to put out light that can be damaging to the eyes. (I limit time with the smartphone and the tablet specifically for that reason, and I do notice that my eyes to not like it if I spend too much time with either of them. Both are backlit with LED light.)

I do enjoy turning the electric blanket on and getting the bed nice and toasty on those cold winter nights. But I've known for a long time it's not good to sleep under them. So we turn the bed on early in the evening while we're not even in the room and then turn it off when we climb in. Nice n toasty. :) But I've heard that there are DC models that are supposed to be no problem with the electrical part of being under them. I'd still not want to sleep with them on, though.

Most radio waves just go through the human body with no effect. Look at your radio dial - if you can receive a station on the radio then those same radio waves are going through you every second of every day. Microwaves are more directional and a source of concentrated microwave energy. With enough power the can harm you but you are more likely to feel it long before it does any damage unless you step in front of a mega-watt transmitter. Remember that you are flooded with microwave energy 24/7/365. It comes from the sun and from every star you can see and even the ones too faint to see. Even Jupiter floods the solar system with radio waves from low frequency to microwave.
You just have to remember that this has been going on for as long as the universe has existed. Your body is designed to repair damage as long as it has the fuel to do it. Look for sources of anti-oxidants to include in your diet if you think you are in any danger.Use physical stress to relieve mental and emotional stress. Exercise to the best of your ability, most 70 year olds are not going to be doing free weights and running ten miles a day but you can get out and do something. Talk to people of all ages. Do new things and keep on learning.

Years ago, I interviewed for a job as a herdsman of a large dairy in Virginia. They had those very high voltage power lines going directly over the property where hundreds of cows lived. They had all kinds of problems with fertility and breeding. Hmmm. I didn't take the job. But I haven't forgotten about the difficulties those cows experienced. I never knew what kinds of things happened to the humans taking care of those cows but I have to think that if it affected the cows that dramatically, it had to have some effect on the humans, too.

Lighting can be tough. The good ol' incandescent light bulbs have been demonized to the point where they can actually be a little harder to find anymore.
Enough research has been done on the cattle and power lines situation for me to know that it is no good. I have read other articles, watched a few programs, same thing...poor milk production, poor health in cattle, poor reproduction, where they are within a certain distance of power lines.
I also refused to have a microwave for years. Use one now, but creeps me out. Live flame is healthiest, then gas.

Smoking cigarettes is so bad though, Meerkat. No thanks, fought that battle. I won. And I smell sweet. What's the filter on a cigarette even for? It still causes cancer. I know it's hard to kick it but I sure hope you do.

My microwave died this spring ( I think It was spring) I tossed it out with glee really. I challenged myself to eat better, cook more during the work week and discovered Ive no real use for them. My coffee heats up fine without it on the propane stove in the am about just as fast. I love soup at night, and there really is no time difference but the quality is better because I take the time to prepare it homemade in a jiffy instead of heating up some sodium laden crap..
I plan my meals better without one..so maybe Im relieving myself of some harmful tech..maybe not..but Im good without that appliance.

I did join the heated blanket club last year tho..lol
I discovered the wonders of a plush microfiber heated blankie..walk in the tin can late at night after a long long gruling 12 hour day( travel time included)..not counting feeding critters type chores..
shed work clothes asap, take super hot shower..hop into warm bed thanks to heated blankie..ahhh...ahhh...yes....I don't care ..if SHTF someday and if all comes to a thunderous halt ...I will miss my heated blankie on cold nights...Even the dog and cat on cold nights pile on the bed..
eventually, when I build my custom pad..Id like to be off grid..but the way I plan on building I wont need a heated blankie to keep me warm. Even in - weather..
I can dream...

Outstanding, but I would keep the broken microwave oven as a Faraday cage. Be careful about heated blankets, I have heard about the electromagnetic flux being a cancer hazard; but that may be urban legend.

Homemade soups are the best foods, I add vegetables to canned soups and chili all the time. Glad you are content with your new lifestyle after being a C.O. Best wishes.

Latest posts

Back