Might be makin' the step next weekend... to the farmers market!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PopPopT

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I'm thinkin' it might just happen next weekend. The garden is starting to produce some stuff and it's definitely more than we need, at least that's what it looks like. Picked the "shiner" potatoes today. (No diggin', just what we could see without diggin'.) Picked up nearly half a bushel. Wow. And it's not that big of a row. They're still lush and green so I'm inclined to wanna let them grow some more but I suspect they'll start browning off a bit now. Already got blooms and a few seed pods. Also gettin' zucchini and a little yellow squash, too. Not sure, but the first pickin' of "English" peas might be in by then, too. Would have some early tomatoes but having problems with them, keep getting blossom end rot. (Sent off a soil sample and waiting to see what might be going on. Long story, but I wanna know where I am before I start throwin' stuff at 'em. Lots of livin' n learnin', including not buying into the BS of stuff people say when they wanna sell you somethin'.)

We should have a BUNCH of okra, a bunch of beans, a bunch of onions, and a bunch of sweet potatoes to sell, but none of those are ready yet. Still, kinda thinkin' of stickin' the ol' toe in the farmers market from the other side of the table. Have been gonna do that for a couple of years now. So we'll see.

Wish me luck! Or not. LOL!!

Latest posts

Back