Military Pictures & Info

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
navy-firepower-09_24_19-960-29.jpg

navy-firepower-09_24_19-960-34.jpg

navy-firepower-09_24_19-960-37.jpg

A friend in Vietnam… I spent 4 months restoring his photo. He passed not long after I finished it. :(

View attachment 25276 View attachment 25277

Nice restoration.

Brought back memories.
Me with my"Montagnard scout.
Notice the machinegun ammo to his left and the soldier over my left shoulder.
By the way we taught them trigger discipline.

a montagnard (3).jpg

@threetango I'm an amature at restorations, reason it took me so long. I did two more photos for him... On one he's riding on top of a m113 troop carrier (I think thats what he told me it was). He got all 3 restorations but I can't find my copies of the other two.

I see you didn't fold your photo like he did his Polaroid and carry it in your pocket for a few months... should make restoration easy, lol! ;)

I did that photo almost 20 years ago... At that time good restoration software started at $1500 which I couldn't afford... There is great restorations software out there now that fairly inexpensive. Maybe someone here in the forum has some names if you are interested.

Last edited:
Nice restoration.

Brought back memories.
Me with my"Montagnard scout.
Notice the machinegun ammo to his left and the soldier over my left shoulder.
By the way we taught them trigger discipline.

View attachment 25655

Great Shot TT. Welcome Home!

What zone were you stationed at in Nam? If you don't mind me asking.

Great Shot TT. Welcome Home!

What zone were you stationed at in Nam? If you don't mind me asking.

I was a draftee in the Infantry with the 4th ID.
We worked in II Corps from Ban Me Thuot to Dak To.
June 67 to June 68

Thanks Mark !

This is Toy Caldwell, guitarist and singer for the "Marshal Tucker Band" who along with 2 other members of the band served in Vietnam.

Always have been a big fan of the MTB.

Cauldwell marine.jpg

LOVE MTB. Great musicians. I read once that Toy was wounded and was going to be sent back to the states, he was able wrangle himself back to his unit and finished his tour.

My dad was with the 25th ID, served a short tour in 65, went back to Hawaii to finish training with the rest of the outfit. Went back Jan 66. Was KIA 4/1/66 in the CuChi area.

Was KIA 4/1/66 in the CuChi area.

God bless him and his family.
U.S.Flag.gif

My father in law (USMC), my uncle (USN), and my great uncle (US Army) all served in Vietnam and they all came home. My Dad tried to sign up with each and every branch, and everyone of them said no because he had flat feet. So he became a state trooper so, in his words, "he could at least serve at home".

My dad was with the 25th ID, served a short tour in 65, went back to Hawaii to finish training with the rest of the outfit. Went back Jan 66. Was KIA 4/1/66 in the CuChi area.

Lots of VC tunnels around Cu Chi.

So many men lost in a war that the government would not let us win. My sympathies on your loss.

I served with the 25th in Hawaii from 82-85 after I rejoined the Army.

Lots of VC tunnels around Cu Chi.

So many men lost in a war that the government would not let us win. My sympathies on your loss.

I served with the 25th in Hawaii from 82-85 after I rejoined the Army.

The place was crawling with tunnels. I was invited to attend one of his outfits reunions a few years back by his Sgt. I met online. Got to meet a bunch of guys that served with dad. A few of them were tunnel rats. Hell of job they had. The book Tunnel Rats of Vietnam, was in general written about that area. Pretty sobering book.

The thing that really got to me during all that was the fact they had all been sprayed repeatdly with Agent Orange to defoilate the area. Too a man the survivors are 100% disabled with severe lung problems, Many had already passed from it at that point. In fact met one guy that was the youngest in their entire company, he died 2 weeks later at 54. Many of their offspring have all kinds of issues as well, retardation, kidney and reproductive problems, lung. Lots of cancers in their kids.

Thanks Three!

My grand kids other grandpa.
My SILs father.
Known him at least 30 years.
Passed away yesterday morning from cancer all over his body from Agent Orange in Viet nam .
Funeral is Tuesday ,hope I can go.

My friend and inlaw , a very good man.
Howard Crawford , age 73. Leaving his wife , 3 sons, and 6 gks.
5d974dffb59df.jpeg

You will be missed greatly.

Jim

Latest posts

Back