Military Pictures & Info

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a part of this.

a agent orange.jpg

I hate to hear that TT. My dads outfit was sprayed with it as well. I just got a note last night that his best friend there is now on life support due to all the lung damage. A large part of his outfit have already passed due to it. There are so many others dealing with it.
That is a nice memorial.

It was a pure fluke that we found the memorial...

It was on our trip from MA back to WA in 2016.

Needed gas, saw E85 at $1.659/gal and since our rental was Flex-Fuel, we thought why not? MPG dropped from 29 to 21 on that tank, that's why...

Anyway, wife saw an Amish buggy go by and wanted to find it and take a pic. It had stopped at a Dollar General, which the wife hadn't seen since her time in GA about 20+ years ago.

She heard there was an Aldi's down the road and wanted to check it out, having heard a lot about it online (she was unimpressed).

On the way to Aldi's, I saw this tank on the side of the road and decided to stop at the memorial on the way back to the freeway.

20161004_143923.jpg

So glad we did stop...

This brought tears to my eyes...

20161004_143609.jpg

Attachments

• 20161004_143923.jpg
    20161004_143923.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 49
Military picture.

View attachment 32758

Info:

HONORED ON PANEL 36W, LINE 17 OF THE WALL
GILBERT STEVENS BELL JR
WALL NAME
GILBERT S BELL JR

PANEL / LINE
36W/17

DATE OF BIRTH
11/16/1947

CASUALTY PROVINCE
LONG AN

DATE OF CASUALTY
12/13/1968

HOME OF RECORD
AUGUSTA

COUNTY OF RECORD
Kennebec County

STATE
ME

BRANCH OF SERVICE
ARMY

RANK
SGT

RIP my friend, you are not forgotten.

RIP Sgt Bell. and the others who are soon to follow you that can't forget.:heart:.Including those here at home who protect us.:cop:

I met a man tonight who told me he developed cancer from living on a ship that had fiberglass insulation in it, during Nam. He was quite the story teller. He told me things I did not need to know but I'm glad I was there to listen. He couldn't really hear my responses anyway.

That made me remember about a test that was done while I was a junior in highschool. the test was conducted at UW on rats and they were testing a compound to see if it was a carcinogen.
There were three groups of rats, one group that were shaved and the compound was rubbed into the skin, a second group that was un-shaved and the compound was applied to and rubbed into the fur, and a third group that was divided into two parts. Half were shaven and rubbed in the same way as the first group and the other half were rubbed on their fur like the second group but only neutral saline was applied to this third group.
The results were strange. The two groups who were shaved developed cancer were they were rubbed whether it was with the compound or saline. The two groups that were not shaved didn't develop any cancer at all. The only thing the study proved was any irritation to the skin of a rat could cause cancer. Apparently, stroking the fur of a rat is not an irritation.

Latest posts

Back