Military Pictures & Info

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lara.jpg

I have seen a B2 pretty close up. My son worked on them for several years.
When they went on their first overseas bombing sortie it was 16 hours each way without landing. When they debriefed the crew they said the one thing that would have been good was to have was a place to lay down. So before the next flight, someone went to Walmart and bought a folding lounge chair. A billion dollars aircraft and they had to buy a lawn chair from Walmart.

My wife asked me this morning...what's bothering you?

I tried , but I'm sure I can't relate to her what it's like when things happen like yesterday ,
It's hard to convey, unless you've been there. Over 54 years ago , We were, and still are a brotherhood, compadres, friends ,family.
It's hard to explain how deeply it affects you and brings back so many memories when a fellow brotherhood member goes down. It just makes me sit and silently shed tears.
How do you convey those feelings to your wife or anyone?

It tears me apart even more when it was preventable.
It makes me want to go kill the enemy , if I was able and fit I'd love to go tomorrow.

If your one of the brotherhood , past or present , I'm sure you can understand.
I wish my wife could understand. I lost too many friends 54 years ago ..I told her I can see everyone of their faces and their names as if it was yesterday. I loved those guys . There's a closeness to each other in time of danger that's unexplainable.

I just needed to try and express how I'm feeling about these young men that lost their life in Kabul.
It really weighs heavy on me.

Sorry for rambling.

I just needed to tell someone.

Jim

Back