Military Pictures & Info

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3 lost Marines went to Camp Pendleton. One from Rancho Cucamonga, 1 mile east of me, one Marine was from Norco, 20 miles S/E of me, and one from La Quinta, 90 miles east of me. This is more than a tragedy. This is about the worst blunder that Biden MUST take responsibility for, and in my opinion qualifies from immediate removal from office.

I recently installed a 25' flagpole, and I've lowered my flag to half mast.

Just in case you've never seen a real hero.
FB_IMG_1630160389267.jpg
FB_IMG_1630261551380.jpg
FB_IMG_1630261614315.jpg
FB_IMG_1630261641668.jpg
FB_IMG_1630261652242.jpg
FB_IMG_1630261663456.jpg
FB_IMG_1630261674162.jpg
FB_IMG_1630261683489.jpg
FB_IMG_1630261689484.jpg
FB_IMG_1630261698017.jpg

My ey
That makes my heart hurt and puts a lump in my throat.😢
Damn Biden.
My eyes start leaking Everytime I look at them.

They were not in battle, no combative situation, no defensive or offensive action...

Cowards on the part of ISIS, COWARDS ON OUR COMMANDER IN CHIEF AND HIS GENERALS, caused this to happen. They didn't have a chance, sitting ducks.

Jim

My ey
My eyes start leaking Everytime I look at them.

They were not in battle, no combative situation, no defensive or offensive action...

Cowards on the part of ISIS, COWARDS ON OUR COMMANDER IN CHIEF AND HIS GENERALS, caused this to happen. They didn't have a chance, sitting ducks.

Jim
The cowardly liar!!

Was anyone else ready to put a fist thru the TV tonight when the MSM was showing Biden standing there as they brought those brothers and sisters home to Dover. To me him being there dirtied their reception and his presense was a dishonor to what they stood for..

Was anyone else ready to put a fist thru the TV tonight when the MSM was showing Biden standing there as they brought those brothers and sisters home to Dover. To me him being there dirtied their reception and his presense was a dishonor to what they stood for..
He had no business being ANYWHERE near those honorable young men and women!!!

CountryGuy, I had not watched it until now. That must have been one of the harder things they've had to do.
Looked like a statement to me when they went past him with the final one.
Y'all know this, those who are in their early 30s, mid-to-late 20s were kids, some just babies born that year during 911. Many of them were ready to grow up and defend their country. God bless them.

(Note on etiquette: don't wave to the cameras or give thumbs up when you're the so-called commander in chief attending the transfer as our fallen come back home).

Ye I was.

Just like when Grining Hillary stood there when Benghazi heros were brought home.
Biden and Hitlery are lower than dogshi!t.

Why cant American people have a recall... politicians will never do it.
None of them have a pair.
No guts at all .

Somebody needs to start a petition to recall this embicile.

Jim

All our moods are dark the past few days so to lighten the mood a bit I thought I’d post a little military humor by way of a story. My ship, a DD...

Below, in the photo the boat suspended from the boom is called the “motor whale boat”. Between the boat and the boom you can see white bags hanging down. Those bags held coils of rope.

Each of the bags have stitching and letters… They spell the name of the ship… BRISCOE. Behind the boat by those 2 guys there is a hatch and passageway.

One night in the Azores as part of a NATO fleet we were docked portside to the pier. A British frigate, HMS BattleAxe was tied up outboard us. Their top deck was level with our motor whale boat.

That night I come out the hatch by the mw boat. I’m on watch carrying a sidearm. I had to check missile/weapon magazines and report in every 30 minutes at the quarterdeck. I saw guys in the mw boat. The lighting was poor, couldn’t see them clearly. Deck division had gotten a new LPO and he was busting their chops, had them working all hours. I thought they were deck guys working on the boat.

I start down a ladder and I hear someone with a heavy british accent say “Parton me Mate? How to you spell CROSBIE?”

It took me a moment to realize then I started laughing. There were 5 drunk British officers in our mw boat. They had stepped the 3ft from their ship to ours.

As a joke they were trying to rearrange the white coil bags. So, instead of spelling BRISCOE they spelled CROSBIE. They were re-naming our ship! It was funny as all heck!

I told the guy “Hold that thought, I’ll be right back”. I only had seconds left to report to the quarterdeck on time or the entire ship would go into a security lock down.

I signed the logbook at the quarterdeck while telling the “petty officer of the deck” about the Brits. Then went back to deal with the situation… they were drunk as skunks, breaking all sorts of rules and could easily fall 3 stories to the water, in between two moored ships, very dangerous.

When I get back the drunk officers were helping each other back on to their ship… So? I helped them, made sure they were safe, they were very drunk and needed a little help. At this point my “Officer of the Deck” (OD) showed up, an ensign. “Ensign” is a cute naval term used to describe a clueless idiot.

From the deck this idiot, I mean ensign, start screaming up at me to “Place them under arrest”! When I didn’t respond to his order he began ordering me “Draw your weapon sailor! That’s an order!” My hand were full with drunk British officers. I’d probably drop the gun or worse accidentally shoot someone so I ignored him! The idiot quit screaming and disappeared, he went to tell on me… to the XO.

The funniest part… when I got them all safely onto their ship I was standing with them on their ship. Suddenly they all snapped to attention. The senior officer gave me the most beautiful salute I’ve ever seen then said “Thank You Sir, for not shooting us!”. Gawd I love the British sense of humor… I cracked up!!!
biggrin.gif

When I stepped back aboard our ship I looked down and could see my XO with the “OD”. I climb down, when asked I told the XO everything that happened from the start. The moment I finished the OD starts yelling “I’m filling charges!” “He admits refusing to obey a direct order” “I want… yada, yada, yada”.

And if the night couldn’t get any funnier… The XO finally says “Your not filling anything!” the OD says “Why!”… The XO – “Because you’re an idiot!” and walked away! I almost blew snot out of my nose I laughed so hard. 🤣 The crowd that had gathered, they broke up laughing also… Who said standing watch can’t be fun? You know... that ensign never did like me after that night... :rolleyes:

It's not like these guys were strangers either... together, we'd been stopping at liberty ports for the past 3 months and drinking together. I'd met everyone of those guys before. Their junior officers and ours had been playing pranks on each other for months! This wasn't some dire security breach that demanded arrests. It was a safety issue which I handled correctly. Once safe the pranks could continue.

Oh, I left out one part… The brit officers wanted to repay me, offered to buy me a beer in the officers bar, (British ships have bars on board). I declined since I was on duty. Then added I’m off watch in an hour, be nice to have a beer. He said, check that boat when you get off duty.

There was a cold 6 pack waiting when I got off watch, Heineken. Was never fond of Heineken but those were good.
biggrin.gif

Briscoe 00a02 a.jpg

Last edited:
All our moods are dark the past few days so to lighten the mood a bit I thought I’d post a little military humor by way of a story. My ship, a DD...

Below, in the photo the boat suspended from the boom is called the “motor whale boat”. Between the boat and the boom you can see white bags hanging down. Those bags held coils of rope.

Each of the bags have stitching and letters… They spell the name of the ship… BRISCOE. Behind the boat by those 2 guys there is a hatch and passageway.

One night in the Azores as part of a NATO fleet we were docked portside to the pier. A British frigate, HMS BattleAxe was tied up outboard us. Their top deck was level with our motor whale boat.

That night I come out the hatch by the mw boat. I’m on watch carrying a sidearm. I had to check missile/weapon magazines and report in every 30 minutes at the quarterdeck. I saw guys in the mw boat. The lighting was poor, couldn’t see them clearly. Deck division had gotten a new LPO and he was busting their chops, had them working all hours. I thought they were deck guys working on the boat.

I start down a ladder and I hear someone with a heavy british accent say “Parton me Mate? How to you spell CROSBIE?”

It took me a moment to realize then I started laughing. There were 5 drunk British officers in our mw boat. They had stepped the 3ft from their ship to ours.

As a joke they were trying to rearrange the white coil bags. So, instead of spelling BRISCOE they spelled CROSBIE. They were re-naming our ship! It was funny as all heck!

I told the guy “Hold that thought, I’ll be right back”. I only had seconds left to report to the quarterdeck on time or the entire ship would go into a security lock down.

I signed the logbook at the quarterdeck while telling the “petty officer of the deck” about the Brits. Then went back to deal with the situation… they were drunk as skunks, breaking all sorts of rules and could easily fall 3 stories to the water, in between two moored ships, very dangerous.

When I get back the drunk officers were helping each other back on to their ship… So? I helped them, made sure they were safe, they were very drunk and needed a little help. At this point my “Officer of the Deck” (OD) showed up, an ensign. “Ensign” is a cute naval term used to describe a clueless idiot.

From the deck this idiot, I mean ensign, start screaming up at me to “Place them under arrest”! When I didn’t respond to his order he began ordering me “Draw your weapon sailor! That’s an order!” My hand were full with drunk British officers. I’d probably drop the gun or worse accidentally shoot someone so I ignored him! The idiot quit screaming and disappeared, he went to tell on me… to the XO.

The funniest part… when I got them all safely onto their ship I was standing with them on their ship. Suddenly they all snapped to attention. The senior officer gave me the most beautiful salute I’ve ever seen then said “Thank You Sir, for not shooting us!”. Gawd I love the British sense of humor… I cracked up!!! View attachment 71723

When I stepped back aboard our ship I looked down and could see my XO with the “OD”. I climb down, when asked I told the XO everything that happened from the start. The moment I finished the OD starts yelling “I’m filling charges!” “He admits refusing to obey a direct order” “I want… yada, yada, yada”.

And if the night couldn’t get any funnier… The XO finally says “Your not filling anything!” the OD says “Why!”… The XO – “Because you’re an idiot!” and walked away! I almost blew snot out of my nose I laughed so hard. 🤣 The crowd that had gathered, they broke up laughing also… Who said standing watch can’t be fun? You know... that ensign never did like me after that night... :rolleyes:

It's not like these guys were strangers either... together, we'd been stopping at liberty ports for the past 3 months and drinking together. I'd met everyone of those guys before. Their junior officers and ours had been playing pranks on each other for months! This wasn't some dire security breach that demanded arrests. It was a safety issue which I handled correctly. Once safe the pranks could continue.

Oh, I left out one part… The brit officers wanted to repay me, offered to buy me a beer in the officers bar, (British ships have bars on board). I declined since I was on duty. Then added I’m off watch in an hour, be nice to have a beer. He said, check that boat when you get off duty.

There was a cold 6 pack waiting when I got off watch, Heineken. Was never fond of Heineken but those were good. View attachment 71723

View attachment 71724
Impossible to top that story but can share one of the newbie pranks that went well.

A eookie was ordered to stand mail buoy watch. He was told that our mail would be on a buoy and was responsible for spotting it. Equipent with a helmet life jacket sound powered phone binoculars and a boat hook. Combat control kept him going and then he reported he spotted the buoy.

But there were more rookies.

The flight crew was scrambled to man the helicopter to retrieve the mail. They flew out and retrieved the package. They returned with a trash bag that had been thrown of the carrier we were following.

Latter as the carrier pulled up along side for underway replenishment the admiral on the carrier used the loud speaker to congratulate us for a successful mail buoy exercise.

Ben

There were a list of pranks for rookies. The mail buoy of course, sending someone to get "True Bearing Grease" from engineering. It was so routine... if some new kid from another dept or division walked up and asked something bizarre, we just went along with the gag. Never let on something was amiss, it happened often. We once sent a guy to pay the utility bills for the combat systems dept. That gag involved 40 people, a dozen official forms and took a week to pull off.

He even had to get the Departments head's and Captain's signatures on the paperwork... I was watching from the bridge wing, the Ole' Man didn't even blink, just signed the clip board and handed it back without a word. When the Ole Man goes along with a joke you know you have a cool ship.

Last edited:
There were a list of pranks for rookies. The mail buoy of course, sending someone to get "True Bearing Grease" from engineering. It was so routine... if some new kid from another dept or division walked up and asked something bizarre, we just went along with the gag. Never let on something was amiss, it happened often. We once sent a guy to pay the utility bills for the combat systems dept. That gag involved 40 people, a dozen official forms and took a week to pull off.

He even had to get the Departments head's and Captain's signatures on the paperwork... I was watching from the bridge wing, the Ole' Man didn't even blink, just signed the clip board and handed it back without a word. When the Ole Man goes along with a joke you know you have a cool captain.
They tried the "get a fallopian tube for the radar" didnt work on me but I did go for the the "skyhook controller" to move the missiles. I turned it my benefit were everyone one else was on the deck man handling missiles around, I spent the day wandering around the ship exploring. Every time I walked passed them they asked and I said "still looking for it".

;)

Ben

The funniest part… when I got them all safely onto their ship I was standing with them on their ship. Suddenly they all snapped to attention. The senior officer gave me the most beautiful salute I’ve ever seen then said “Thank You Sir, for not shooting us!”. Gawd I love the British sense of humor… I cracked up!!! View attachment 71723

There was a cold 6 pack waiting when I got off watch, Heineken. Was never fond of Heineken but those were good. View attachment 71723

View attachment 71724
Thanks Peanut!!

I worked on Airborn Early Warning aircraft, E2Bs. They have a 5 man crew pilot, copilot, and 3 guys in the back. I had a new guy working with me and told him we needed to check the emergency intercom system.
I had him yelling test, test into the relief tube in the back while I pretended to listen into the one in front.
The relief tube is a funnel-shaped cone attached to a rubber hose so the crew could relieve their bladders inflight.
He never did live that down and my chief reamed me good but it was funny.
I pulled a good one on my XO but there is NO way I can tell that story.
It involved a lot of beer and a Filipina bar girl. It was a good thing the XO was prior enlisted and had a sense of humor.

IF YOU DON'T REALIZE 13 MARINES FIGHTING FOR YOUR FREEDOM GOT LESS RECOGNITION THAN GEORGE FLOYD, YOUR THE PROBLEM.

Jim
It is disheartening that sacrifice of the 13 is so quickly displaced by the "right to kill a child"?

Infanticide...

? The ace in the hole?

How can we ask God to bless us when we kill the inocent?

2 Cents

Ben

I would really like to attend, haven't seen them in years. Its doable from where I live but would probably need a hotel rm.

Edit... I need to think on this... been needing a weekend away. It's been a couple of years.
------------------

Shift to Pensacola Beach keeps Blue Angels’ homecoming in the air

https://www.al.com/life/2021/09/shi...-keeps-blue-angels-homecoming-in-the-air.html

The surge in COVID-19 driven by the Delta variant threatened to prevent the Blue Angels’ homecoming show this fall in Pensacola this November -- but the Navy flight team and the community have found a way for the show to go on.

Naval Air Station Pensacola, like other naval installations, is under COVID-related restrictions that mean the traditional end to the Angels’ season can’t be held there. The solution is that the show will be moved to Pensacola Beach. To some extent organizers will use the template of the Pensacola Beach Air Show, a July event for which Pensacola Beach is the primary demonstration area.............

............Capt. Tim Kinsella, commanding officer of NAS Pensacola, said the move was bittersweet. Holding the homecoming show on the base “is a long, proud, Pensacola tradition” and would have been all the more so given that this is the flight team’s 75th anniversary year...........

The 3 lost Marines went to Camp Pendleton. One from Rancho Cucamonga, 1 mile east of me, one Marine was from Norco, 20 miles S/E of me, and one from La Quinta, 90 miles east of me. This is more than a tragedy. This is about the worst blunder that Biden MUST take responsibility for, and in my opinion qualifies from immediate removal from office.

I recently installed a 25' flagpole, and I've lowered my flag to half mast.
We have a 50ft pole and lowered ours to half staff too. Honestly I think we need to turn our American flag upside down at this point.

That would be a show to see. Sis, BIL, and some of their friends went to a season finale one year, said it was best Air show they ever saw. And we have been to a bunch of them

I did a little research... it looks like the show will be at Pensacola Beach and not in Pensacola. P. Beach is across the bay on a narrow strip of land, basically a sand island shaped like a pencil. To get there I'd have to drive over at least 2 causeways, several cross the bay. Parking already sounds like a nightmare.

I'd like to go but not if I spend most of my time in traffic.

------------------

These aren't the exact words I spoke but close enough... We all know what it means when we take this oath. But to be betrayed like those 13 and the rest, leaves me with no words.

Oath of Enlistment.jpg

Latest posts

Back