Military Pictures & Info

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pilots are quickly becoming obsolete.
No reason to put a person in danger when someone in California or Nevada or an Air Craft carrier can do it from an air conditioned office.

Plus computers don't care about g-forces, they don't pass out, they don't crash behind enemy lines, they don't become POW's and people would be far more upset if the USAF hit the fail safe "self-destruct" button with an actual pilot inside.

6C8705627-090409-f-0502f-001.jpg

Indy.jpg

My first ship, CV 62, we were the first carrier to be awarded the Gadsden Flag for the oldest ship in the Fleet, after that was the Crappy Kitty then 9-11 happened and everyone got to fly it. We were one of the last ships with an all male crew.

scrap.jpg

This is her now... getting scrapped in Texas...

I cried when I saw the video of her being towed in and rusted and not taken care of.

hotel 19.jpg

My last ship, Hotel 19, my first cruise on that was 3 months and 22 ports, flagships are not good for saving money,
Went to sleep after leaving Thailand and woke up the next morning to pull into Singapore!

Lots of politics and kiddy games are the reason I left after 11 years in and not retiring....

Hotel19.jpg

Now she has been in dry dock since 2016 and I think is still in the yards. Well known secret that, that thing is held together with deck grey paint!!

Pilots are quickly becoming obsolete.
No reason to put a person in danger when someone in California or Nevada or an Air Craft carrier can do it from an air conditioned office.

True. I'd hate to think that my hope fro a safe landing would be in the hands of artificial intelligence.

" sorry Dave I can't do that ", answer by AI Hal on 2001 Space Odessy.

Latest posts

Back