Mini Rant

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get pissed off when people butt in the while I am talking.
Mini rant over
I call them "chronic interrupters".
My neighbor is one.
I cannot finish a single sentence when she is around without her talking over the top of me. It is the ultimate in rudeness. :mad:
I just have to walk away.
When we were growing up, if we interrupted someone, we got our face slapped.

I call them "chronic interrupters".
My neighbor is one.
I cannot finish a single sentence when she is around without her talking over the top of me. It is the ultimate in rudeness. :mad:
I just have to walk away.
When we were growing up, if we interrupted someone, we got our face slapped.
Some adults need a good slap!!

It's a pet peeve of mine also. Especially if they ask something then cut me off before I finish. :mad:
Actually it might mean you're such an engrossing speaker, they get enthused and want more on a subconscious level. not everyone is a rude screwhead.

Actually it might mean you're such an engrossing speaker, they get enthused and want more on a subconscious level. not everyone is a rude screwhead.
Nope.
It's because they have a brain the size of a gnat and if they don't interrupt you, they will forget what they were going to say by the time you finish your sentence.

I never said rude screwheads weren't a majority. notice its gotten worse since social media? Every jackball on earth thinks his opinion ought to be the only opinion, even if they are wrong. You've never been in a game chat have you? just eat popcorn and listen to kids use language a sailor would slap their mouth for!

My wife has been country isolated for years now. Her social skills are slipping a bit. I try to be patient and gently remind her. She has a few good friends but doesn't get out much.

i have trouble with those who are telling a stsory or explaining something then they repeat it 3-4-5 times event ho you say--thanks , i got it. thanks, yup, got it. yes, thank you and you get desperate to escape. you dont dare ever ask them a question or youll be trapped forever, lol.

My most used social skills:
Looking both ways before I take a leak out the front door.
Not passing gas at a funeral or in church.
Looking the lady right in the eye, no matter how tight her shirt is.

Anything past that, I'm pretty much feral.

Sometime you just have to roll with the punches.
I like church less, because of the people who are offended
because I do not agree with them.
It does not offended me because you do not believe what I believe.
How can people be so insecure, that my opinion makes them right or whole. `

Latest posts

Back