Mobile farm

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spindle and hutch

New Friend
Neighbor
Just recently we acquired a second home that we are going to be traveling back and forth to. We have 3 rabbit breeders +growouts, 8 cats, and a dog. With our second house, we can't setup any rabbitry area. So we are thinking about using a trailer to keep the animals in full time. Does anyone know of anyone that's done this or have any resources that might be helpful?
Happy thanksgiving!🍁🍂🍃🍁

Just recently we acquired a second home that we are going to be traveling back and forth to. We have 3 rabbit breeders +growouts, 8 cats, and a dog. With our second house, we can't setup any rabbitry area. So we are thinking about using a trailer to keep the animals in full time. Does anyone know of anyone that's done this or have any resources that might be helpful?
Happy thanksgiving!🍁🍂🍃🍁
I personally don't have any helpful resources, but what a GREAT idea! Interested to see who has ideas! Please keep us updated on this project!!

What kind of trailer? Are we talking something like a little U-haul? I could see putting dividers in something like that and making it work. A bumper pull 2 horse trailer would work too. Bunnies on one side, feed on the other...
How sweet, bunnies! Not "rabbits", but "bunnies", your soft side is showing Spikedriver!!🐰🐇🐇

I like the moveable concept, but instead of a dedicated trailer, perhaps building a skid on "module that could be fairly easily loaded on a car trailer or the like might be something to consider.

I like the moveable concept, but instead of a dedicated trailer, perhaps building a skid on "module that could be fairly easily loaded on a car trailer or the like might be something to consider.

Excellent idea, no need to tie up a trailer that may be needed elsewhere occasionally. I would avoid building two or 3 hutches also. Meaning just one home, load it, move it, drop it off. Something on casters would be nice. Then 1 person could roll it as needed.

I was thinking just a normal cargo trailer, i considered the horse trailer option but they seem to be more pricey than normal trailers and i need to be a little more.. quiet about having the rabbits, and pulling in in a horse trailer doesnt seem like it'd help. so the car trailer also woulnt work for that reason(being incognito) .If i did do the cargo trailer i'd probally need to keep them in the trailer full time. Our first house we're planning to turn into an airbnb and our backyard is pretty small, so it'd be hard to do.

Thank you so much for all these suggestions!

I was thinking just a normal cargo trailer, i considered the horse trailer option but they seem to be more pricey than normal trailers and i need to be a little more.. quiet about having the rabbits, and pulling in in a horse trailer doesnt seem like it'd help. so the car trailer also woulnt work for that reason(being incognito) .If i did do the cargo trailer i'd probally need to keep them in the trailer full time. Our first house we're planning to turn into an airbnb and our backyard is pretty small, so it'd be hard to do.

Thank you so much for all these suggestions!
If you got an emptied out rv tow behind trailer, you would have the option of windows &/or roof vent - just another option. Not sure where you are if that's something to worry about.

The difference between rabbits and bunnies?
Rabbits are covered with fur; Bunnies are rarely covered with much of anything... Is that "G" enough?

Here is the only way I know to move chicken & rabbits over hard top roads. Start at 3.34.

The biggest difference between a bunny and a rabbit is that the word rabbit is the correct word to describe this animal. Bunny, on the other hand, is an endearment. ... When it comes to perception, most people will think of bunny as a small or baby rabbit, and a rabbit as a full-grown, large animal.

Rabbits and hares are different species, but they share several important characteristics and are still part of the same order of mammal (Lagomorpha). They both have long ears, strong hindquarters, a divided upper lip, and basically eat the same diet. Hares do tend to like hard foods like small twigs and bark, while rabbits prefer grasses, soft stems, and vegetables.

You have to consider your weather. Rabbits have trouble with heat and a cargo trailer will get very hot during the summer.
I agree, maybe a window in the front of the trailer & a screen door in the back, to move air as the trailer moves down the road & a fan or remove the pins when you are on the farm.

Latest posts

Back