mobile tablesaw

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
When I get into my new shop next month I would like to be able to roll my 800lb commercial table saw around.(put it against the wall when not in use) I can't find any mobile platform that holds over 650lbs. Any ideas where to find something?

If you can't find what you want, do what I do - build it. In particular, look at a company called 80/20, Inc. They sell what is, for all intents and purposes, adult legos. Specifically, they sell pieces of extruded aluminum - very lightweight but still extremely strong. They also sell accessories such as bolts, slotted nuts, hinges, wheels, brackets, etc. You order what you want (to size, even!), assemble it with a single allen wrench, and get on with your life, all in 20 minutes or less.

I had my table saw on a dolly and took it off.
It was handy to move it around but I just didn't like the possibility of it moving when I used it.
Also I used 4" PVC to plumb it to my dust collector and having it stationary just worked better for me.
As for a heavy duty dolly all I seem to find is 600 pounds or make your own.
What table saw do you have?

80/20 builds some very nice stuff, good thing you remember the name, :woo hoo: I was going to suggest a goose chase into the CNC table building realm

Since the frame and legs are strong enough to support the saw you could mount a threaded rod (3/4") through two legs and put wheels on it. then you could lift the opposite end and roll it wherever you wanted.
The axle and wheels should be mounted so the saw is still level when using it.

Latest posts

Back