"Modern Guerrilla Warfare" (Next Week- Next Year) What would it look like..??

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
From a prepping perspective...."How would I become aware it was consistently happening"....??? I doubt it would be acknowledged initially by government or main stream media. What would be the early clues that it was to "some" extent organized. Also interested in buying one or two books on this subject, preferably current time, say the last twenty years.

I would say a change in crime from mostly scumbag on scumbag, to attacks on police stations, ambushes on LEO, military and government vehicles and infrastructure.

In the media, it could look like reports of 'mass shootings' but without a suicide at the end, and instead a manhunt without results.

Waco, Ruby ridges....but where the encircling forces find themselves sniped at from outside the perimeter.

Sudden retirement of police, military personnel and some politicians.

Finds of high end military hardware in raids, possibly with foreign origin.

"DC sniper" style events.

I think "motive" is where you look for organization. We have enough sheer violence right now to be a civil war....IF it was organized behind a cause. Right now it disorganized, a thousand little fights a day for a thousand reasons. If we start seeing regular violence, with a common cause behind it, that I think is where the first clues will be found that something is happening with purpose.

Last edited:
Could "all" of the wildfires on the west coast actually be an organized (something).....??? Could one core group or organization be covertly orchestrating those fires to some purpose, some goal.....??? That is the "type" of ongoing activity that gets my attention, as more then random.

Could "all" of the wildfires on the west coast actually be an organized (something).....??? Could one core group or organization be covertly orchestrating those fires to some purpose, some goal.....??? That is the "type" of ongoing activity that gets my attention, as more then random.

Well in theory, many of them could be.

But....to what end?

Making money for a cabal of firefighters? Increasing air pollution to cause long term health issues in random people?

Random destruction is easy to get away with, because its random there is no 'motive' to lead back to you.

But because there is no motive, you get nothing out of it.

So just about anything COULD be an organized conspiracy, pretending to be random acts of nature....but thats not really useful to anyone.

Now, if you claim "XYZ gang is going to burn a million acres next year or else" And then you get a million acres set on fire to obvious arson...you just gained a bunch of power. The point of organized action, is to let people know you are organized, usually to imply that you are more organized than you actually are.

But really....simple common sense says that there a bunch of fires because when things are really hot and dry for months....you get lots of fires. Its about the least suspicious disaster out there.

I think you should look at the looting in South Africa of an example of modern guerrilla warfare... Some coordinated raids on a number of different types of stores and warehouses taking stable food, electronics and communications equipment, camping equipment, and weaponry, then encouraged that masses to take what was left and burn the places to the ground. This would be a prime example of some organized group getting ready to conduct guerrilla warfare in their own country.... Currently, we are seeing organized smash and dash robberies on the west coast, when you see a group of 100+ clean out a Wmart, I would take that as a sign something is up.....

I am thinking that a modern guerrilla war would most likely be orchestrated by those in control to be used as propaganda and a vehicle to strip away rights and to entrap a certain part of the population that these evil people fear.

I am thinking that a modern guerrilla war would most likely be orchestrated by those in control to be used as propaganda and a vehicle to strip away rights and to entrap a certain part of the population that these evil people fear.
I would bet that there are trolls everywhere who would love to bait people into doing stuff that they wouldn't ordinarily do ; just to make headline News that could be used to justify everything you are talking about.... Yes, today is as in was in 1930 Germany when people were turned against each other to enforce a political goal...

Wouldn't the tactics and type of guerilla warfare conducted be determined by the situation? Didn't the Viet Cong conduct guerilla warfare against US Forces? Isn't that what we have been fighting in Afghanistan for the past 20 years? I would expect that to continue if there was an invading/occupying force. By the same token the partisans of WW2 IMHO were also conducting guerilla warfare on a much more covert level. I think that would also persist. There would be people using Gray Man tactics to sabotage enemy operations. Not sure what might be different. There could be a lot more cyber-warfare(?) Is that a term? Maybe people hacking into systems to do harm? That is way beyond my capabilities, but I could see that happening.

Back